Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin StreetPilot i3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin StreetPilot i3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeckoGirl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: i3 and GPS V software Reply with quote

Noz wrote:
I've seen various comments regarding installing additional maps on the i3 by loading them onto a spare translfash card.

I'm currently using city select V6 with my garmin GPS V. Anyone know if I'll be able to use this software on the i3 ?

Are there likley to be any issues trying to use a new unit with existing software ?

Cheers, Noz

Noz - you'll need an unlock code from Garmin to be able to use your software with the i3 as well as your GPS V. The maximum units you can use with one bit of software is two, so you may well be in luck.

This is what Garmin's web site says:
Quote:
Your MapSource coupon or registration code is valid for use with your own Garmin GPS unit. This agreement provides a one-user license, and it is illegal to share this data with others. If you own multiple unlock compatible Garmin GPS units and have unlocked maps to one, you are generally allowed to unlock the same maps to one other compatible Garmin unit you own for no additional charge. (See our Unlock FAQ page for further details.) HOWEVER, this is NOT applicable to models which come with detailed maps pre-loaded and without CD or DVD-ROM's in the packages, such as the StreetPilot C330 or StreetPilot 2620. Also, if you own one unit which can use the MapSource NT format but a second which cannot, you will NOT be able to unlock the NT maps to that second unit.

This page on the Garmin site http://www.garmin.com/unlock/ should give you more info - and there's a wizard which should tell you if they'll let you have a second code for free. Good luck!
blackrat62
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Review of i3 Reply with quote

Here - basically a good review.

http://www.lordpercy.com/garmin_i3_review.htm
Newbie1234
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Woe is me! Reply with quote

However i got impatient and tried to hard wire it in by choping off then end of the lead and attaching the two terminals to the correct terminals of the cigarette lighter, however when i went to switch it on i got nothing, now it wont work even on batteries? have i killed it? is it fixable?
And to top it all off i got lost on my way to work this morning!!

Laughing
Just to update you chaps, i took my dead I3 to PC World and pleaded ignorance to the girl in the help desk, must have worked, as she replaced it for me there and then, no questions asked, also as ithe unit was "pre-owned" (meaning some one had bought it and not liked it) she also refunded me £40?

So at £159.99 does that make my I3 the cheapest on the block?

A narrow escape for me!

J
plod999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: Thief Reply with quote

You may consider your actions to be a "narrow escape" - I see it plain and simple theft! you are no better than a shoplifter - you had no entitlement to a replacement having been negligent with the original unit you voided your warranty and should have taken it on the chin instead of defrauding the store....shame on you
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you done well there newbie...i think £160 is the cheapest i3 ....
Newbie1234
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Thief Reply with quote

plod999 wrote:
You may consider your actions to be a "narrow escape" - I see it plain and simple theft! you are no better than a shoplifter - you had no entitlement to a replacement having been negligent with the original unit you voided your warranty and should have taken it on the chin instead of defrauding the store....shame on you

Thank god we dont all think like you & sit in judegement over others! Dont worry i can live with myslef!
plod999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no..i think you should thank god that there are still people like me with morals...you openly admit on a public forum that you are a thief and then have th egall to criticise me!!....no wonder society is in th eappalling state it is with people like you....nothing but scum!!
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

with a name like plod999 you would think he's in law enforcement would'nt you....best not reply to this person.

wish i had the power to close this thread......
Newbie1234
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plod999 wrote:
no..i think you should thank god that there are still people like me with morals...you openly admit on a public forum that you are a thief and then have th egall to criticise me!!....no wonder society is in th eappalling state it is with people like you....nothing but scum!!

Harsh words there Plod, i think you should look up the dictionary definition of "Theft"

theft n. the generic term for all crimes in which a person intentionally and fraudulently takes personal property of another without permission or consent and with the intent to convert it to the taker's use

Without permission or consent? i seem to remeber paying for this item!!
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it will be interesting when they open the box and see it blatently damaged. most stores when you return items ask for name, address etc etc so they could quite easily trace you...

it may not be theft but it could easily be classed as fraud.

MaFt
plod999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for that dictionary definition - it goes to reinforce my point - you did not pay for the second I3 - you paid for the first one which you negligently wrecked. As you had done this the warranty was voided so you fraudulently obtained another from the supplier. You do not intend to give it back to them so therefore you fullfill the deifinition of theft exactly.

ZOGMAN - well done; - I am in law enforcement hence the username...you don't miss much do you??

So newbie - having dug yourself another hole by laying out the definition of theft for everyone to see I dont see how you can deny your actions..as I said you are no better than a shoplifter...end of story.....
Newbie1234
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plod999 wrote:
thank you for that dictionary definition - it goes to reinforce my point - you did not pay for the second I3 - you paid for the first one which you negligently wrecked. As you had done this the warranty was voided so you fraudulently obtained another from the supplier. You do not intend to give it back to them so therefore you fullfill the deifinition of theft exactly.

ZOGMAN - well done; - I am in law enforcement hence the username...you don't miss much do you??

So newbie - having dug yourself another hole by laying out the definition of theft for everyone to see I dont see how you can deny your actions..as I said you are no better than a shoplifter...end of story.....

Ok Plod, if it makes you feel better (and i am sure it does), you are not the only one here who is "job", it dissapoints me to see there are people like you around, you are symptomatic of a growing trend in this society, where people and certain organistaions spend far too much time & effort focusing on the small insignificant problems whilst blissfully ignoring the bigger more imprtnant ones, i hope you are happy in your ignorance.
And dont give me the old "you have to stop the small problems before they turn into bigger one" line, you & i both know thats bull$%£%
plod999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newbie1234 wrote:
plod999 wrote:

Ok Plod, if it makes you feel better (and i am sure it does), you are not the only one here who is "job", it dissapoints me to see there are people like you around, you are symptomatic of a growing trend in this society, where people and certain organistaions spend far too much time & effort focusing on the small insignificant problems whilst blissfully ignoring the bigger more imprtnant ones, i hope you are happy in your ignorance.
And dont give me the old "you have to stop the small problems before they turn into bigger one" line, you & i both know thats bull$%£%

I do hope that you are not telling us you are a police officer now also - because if you are then what a disgrace..you should not only be prosecuted for the theft you should lose your job too!...Theft is not a small insignificant problem - you have a strange point of view..if billy burglar was to break into your house and steal your beloved belongings would you consider this to be a small insignificant act..no i dont think so!..I dont have to give you any old line - I just simply know the difference between right and wrong...I have respect for those that live within the rules of society. and couldn't give a toss about those who choose to live in their own little antisocial world - they will get their come uppance in the end...Perhaps you should ask one of the many suppliers who frequent these forums whether they consider your act to be theft or not - I am sure they will tell you what they think of scumbags like you...and its because of the actions of criminals like you that we all pay higher than neccessary prices...
Newbie1234
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theft is not a small insignificant problem - you have a strange point of view??

I am still fuzzy about how you aportion it as theft? the item was broken, i asked for a replacement, job done! I am simply infoming the other members of this forum about the exchange policy practised within PC World. I dont see it as theft at all

You are just renforcing the public misconception (although not in your case it would seem) that the Police Force just go about blindly enforcing rules that criminalise the vast majority of average joes, with a name like Plod999 (thats says it all!!) you should be trying to enhance the public image of the force, or are you one of these desk jockeys who has "lost touch" with reality?

Now i suggest you go and take a cool shower!
plod999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you really don't see it do you...the item wasn't broken..you broke it!! it just goes to show your mentality doesn't it - you break something through your own stupidness and then expect that the supplier should replace it..as you can't go into the shop and be honest you resort to fraudulent behaviour resulting in theft...no matter how you dress this up and no matter how many times you try to justify it - in the eyes of the law you are wrong very wrong...this isnt a case of you opening the box and it not working - you fully admit to blowing the thing up YOURSELF - I haven't got anymore to say on this subject as its going in circles with you trying to justify your wrongful, shameful behaviour...based on what you have said in this forum you are a thief.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 17 of 39

Jump to: