Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How to use the Maps of Europe, Europe Addresses??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How to use the Maps of Europe, Europe Addresses??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rorton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: How to use the Maps of Europe, Europe Addresses?? Reply with quote

HELP!!!!!!!

I just had the maps of europe delivered today, and am pre planning my route, but cant understand how to enter the European Style address

Im staying in albufeira.

So i enter the CITY as Albuferia, but then if i press OK, i goto the street section, and them im stuck!

the Address im going to is

Rua Samora Barros, 20
Apartado 1
8200-901 Albufeira

How on earth do i enter this into tomtom!?!?!?

Thanks
stix
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how portuguese addresses work, but it should just be as in the UK... enter city, then street (including the rua I would guess in your case), then it will ask for the number or crossing.
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albufeira is not mapped down to street level. The best you can do is navigate to the city centre which is apparently a roundabout.
rorton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eldar wrote:
Albufeira is not mapped down to street level. The best you can do is navigate to the city centre which is apparently a roundabout.

thanks for that, so it looks like i have spent £100 on detailed maps for nothing Sad

The whole idea was to get the maps, and then visit some of the villages along the same cost as we are staying. It looks like none of the towns (or towns as we know them!) are mapped to street level

A quick look around lisbon on tomtom shows good detail, but not much use where im staying!

These will have to be sent back then i guess, but i dont know how the retailer/tomtom will be with me returning maps which have been activated, but are not fit for purpose Sad
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure that TT is to blame in this particular case. If you look at their website it says quite clearly:
Street network coverage Portugal: 43%
rorton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eldar wrote:
I'm not sure that TT is to blame in this particular case. If you look at their website it says quite clearly:
Street network coverage Portugal: 43%

thanks, to be fair, i didnt look at the site for that information, i assumed that the country would be quite comprehensive, as most of the UK is

Im writing back to the supplier to organise a return, as its now a pointless product for me to own
rorton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres an interesting fact...

Im just doing a multimap online at www.multimap.com to help me to get from the Airport in portugal to the hotel. The map of albufeira is quite well detailed on there, and guess who provides the maps>>>>>>?

Teleatlas. The same people who supply tomtom with their maps, so WHY cant the maps of western europe have the same data that is used on the multimap website, added to their product??
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, you've stumbled across the question which've puzzled us for months now. Unfortunately it's one of them "what is the meaning of life?" things.
rorton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eldar wrote:
Ah yes, you've stumbled across the question which've puzzled us for months now. Unfortunately it's one of them "what is the meaning of life?" things.

Sad thought id managed to bring a little useful info back to the forum too!

Ah well, better get packing Smile
GMH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Portugal Reply with quote

I have just got back and I was staying ten minutes from Albuferia , the Tom Tom Go 300 it was the nuts .I locked the Tom Tom with a GPS postion as my home location and that was it.All the rest was same as uk just navigate to POI's and address no problem.Worth the money as I now have all of Western Europe as well.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: