Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - BT-77 Bluetooth GPS Receiver Help with set up...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

BT-77 Bluetooth GPS Receiver Help with set up...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sthorm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: BT-77 Bluetooth GPS Receiver Help with set up... Reply with quote

Hi,

I hope i could ask the forum for some assitance in setting up my nokia 6630 to work with tom tom mobile 4.43..

I have a nokia 6630 with a 256 mb multimedia card which should be plenty to install Tom tom.. I have also purchased a BT-77 GPS reciever ( I will purchase TT5 but later in the year).

Could one of your experts give a idiots step by step to getting this up and running.

Ie how to set up the GPS Ive read somewhere about replacing files.... also how i transfer the files to my new card. I presume i can just copy and paste through Nokia phone suite...

Any help in this process would be appreciated to prevent an afternoon of pain abd swearing... thanks..

sthorm Laughing Laughing
ptjs1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really sorry that I can't help you but I have a similar problem with a BT-77, Mobile 4.43 and an SPV e200!

I can't seem to get the phone to discover the receiver. I'm probably being stupid but should the phone just discover the receiver without Mobile running? Is there some file that I need to put on the phone? Even with Mobile 4.43 running OK on the phone, it can't see the receiver. Have I done something wrong or are these devices incompatible and is there a fix? Tks very much

(Also looking forward to afternoon of swearing and frustration!)
mmarks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

I have an SPV E200 & a BT-77 GPS receiver & it works a treat.

Firstly, remove any bondings with the GPS receiver that already exist.
Then, turn off the ports for serial bluetooth and turn them on again.
When the bluetooth screen appears, turn bluetooth on then add a device.
The GPS receiver will be found.
Rename it to TomTom Wireless GPS then start-up TomTom Mobile (you will need the traffic patch or to subscribe to the traffic service).

All should be well.
Melismobile
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://support.tomtom.com/traffic/software/ttm_sp.zip

Has the traffic update and

http://www.modaco.com/lofiversion/index.php/t200471.html

gives various ideas for making it all work.

Mel
Melismobile
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://support.tomtom.com/traffic/software/ttm_sp.zip

Has the traffic update and

http://www.modaco.com/lofiversion/index.php/t200471.html

gives various ideas for making it all work.

Mel
sthorm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Still need help.... Reply with quote

Thanks so far to all the people that have offered advice...

So far I have Tom Tom software working on the Phone.....

But it keeps saying.... GPS signal was lost...NO gps configured.....

If anyone can help me getting the BT 77 Reciever to talk the the software i would be gratfull..

I have a nokia 6630.....

Thanks...
sthorm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Sad

In reference to the traffic update how do i load this on to my Nokia 6630.... I can't use active sync ( phone not supported ) I only have Nokia PC phone support...

Please Guys Ive pulled nearly all my hair out...

At present the software is working.... ive paired the reciever up and renamed it .... I have replaced 3 files.... Is there more.... But still no position....

Thanks....
Melismobile
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You load updates etc via PC suite

Mel
sthorm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: I have no hair!!! Reply with quote

Sad Sad

I think ive about given up.....sigh no matter what i cannot get the BT 77 to get a fix on the phone.... Ive replaced files....

perhaps i should wait for tt 5.... a sad day........

Any other help from other users would make me a happier person.....

I can't think of anything else.... Do you need a GPS driver or is that bundled in with TT....

One point is that on my memory card i can't see the folder called system.... when i copy it across it states the item is not found from the phone. However i am sure the folder is there as it won't let me create one as it states system folder already in use....

PLEASE HELP?.....
Melismobile
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: I have no hair!!! Reply with quote

sthorm wrote:
Sad Sad

I think ive about given up.....sigh no matter what i cannot get the BT 77 to get a fix on the phone.... Ive replaced files....

perhaps i should wait for tt 5.... a sad day........

One point is that on my memory card i can't see the folder called system.... when i copy it across it states the item is not found from the phone. However i am sure the folder is there as it won't let me create one as it states system folder already in use....

PLEASE HELP?.....

Why not just upgrade now or is it an illegal version you have ? Or do you know ? Some sellers are very plausible Sad

I tried contacting TomTom about the upgrade time & Europe maps, but so far no reply so I'm changed products to Route66 mobile Europe, arriving today I hope ! But I do think TomTom's bluetooth reciever (ie with TTM4 andTT3) is a bit of a weak thing, all 3 I have run out quickly, so the software only upgrade dosen't help this. Anyone else find it lacking ?

System folders tend to be hidden if you already have on you need to copy the files into app folder as it is already there.
sthorm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: UP AND RUNNING Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

Big Thank you to all have helped me.... Now running on nokia 6630...

If any one has problems please email me or PM and i will give as much help as you need to get thinhs running...

Thanks...
NickParks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a pm Smile

My Acore BT GPS unit was woking fine with Tom Tom on my 6600 but since changing to a 6630 although Tom Tom is running fine it shows as not recieving a valid GPS signal even though the unit is paired.
sthorm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8) 8)

JUst a update to all that are struggling heres a list of what i did to get the nokia 6630 working and trust me its worth all the pain ..

I have a nokia 6630 and BT 77 reciever...

1. Transfer all tom tom mobile files to HD.......

Make sure that you have set properties to list all files there are some hidden....

2. Next you have to replace four files...

What you need to do is replace the 3 TTMOBILE files with the ones in system/apps/ttmobile. And replace the data.chk file with the one in the tomtom folder on the root of the memory card...

Then transfer system folder, TomTom Folder and The Great Britian - Map to your memory card via Nokia phone suite...Thats all the files you need

if anyone needs these files please PM me......

3. remove card replace and reset andyou should have the TOM TOM symbol in the start menu...

4. Then unpair all bluetooth devices that you have had currently associated with the phone. Ie delete all Bluetooth entries and start afresh.... Reset phone.....

5. Next power up the BT 77 reciever and you should see a solid red led and a flashing blue led.... Turn on phone and select bluetooth and turn on. right key to paired devices... select paired device and let the phone discover the reciever.... If all goes well it should detect that its found BT GPS allow authorised connections.... ( It may ask for pass key which is 0000 as described in the gps manual ).

Next rename the BT GPS to TomTom Wireless GPS....

6. Turn on Tom tom and as i did it remains blue with no valid gps signal... now..... This is a must turn off phone and GPS reciever...

Go OUTSIDE say in the garden making sure that your are in a good open space... INDOORS will not suffice....

Turn on GPS reciever and a SOLID red LED should show and the Bluetooth should blink.... Turn on phone with Bluetooth on and start TT mobile.....

Next be patient It can take upto 40 mins for the GPS to get a position ( I have found this only happens once ) .... You will know if its found a fix because the RED will start to flash......

when this happens the TTM should wake up and quite scarely it will show your position...... the key is you need to be OUTDOORS when you first need to gain a fix.....

Trust me its a small marvell and works really well on the nokia 6630.. i have the camera database downloaded with the speech warnings with quite a few poi and it handles it beautfully.... one tip buy a nokia car charger as it can soon suck the juice out of the battery....

I hope the above help..... :D :D :D

Sthorm
jolotull
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys

Having problems

Installed the software ok paired the reciever BT 77 ok

Got the red light to flash but it won`t connect to TTM

Any help Would be great

Jolo
specihunter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I got a bit confused at what to do in step 2. Can you please go into a bit more detail ? Thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: