Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigator 5 for Pocket PC SD Card Update
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigator 5 for Pocket PC SD Card Update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunscreemer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Navigator 5 for Pocket PC SD Card Update Reply with quote

Hi all. I bought Navigator 5 for my Pocket PC fairly recently and it shipped on a 128Mb SD card. This card only JUST fits the software, extra voices and POI on. I have bought a 512Mb card and want to transfer the software to the new card but when i copied the files and booted up the PDA it can't find the maps.

Can anyone help me to do this??

Cheers,

Mark
forky
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need more info

How did you copy it

Samsung Galaxy S9 (o2) contract
forky
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 Connect the Go to your computer using the supplied usb lead, it will show up as a new Removable MassStorage Device and have its own drive letter.

2 Make a new folder on your pc.

3 Using My Computer open up the Go by clicking the TomTom Drive letter.Make sure show all files is selected on your pc ( Tools | Folder Options | click the view tab and make sure Show hidden files and folders is selected)

4 From the Edit Menu click Select All. (All files and folders will be highlighted blue)
From the Edit Menu click Copy.

5. Open the new folder you made and from the Edit menu click Paste. Wait for all files to be copied.

forky
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another way is to buy a usb sd card read/writer they are very cheap these days

sunscreemer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replies. Maybe it is the "show hidden files" bit that tripped me up. What i did was used a card reader, inserted my 128Mb Tom Tom SD card, created a blank folder on my PC then did a "select all", copied and pasted them into the folder on my c drive. I then swapped cards in my card reader and did the reverse to copy them back onto the blank SD card. Then when i inserted the card into my PDA and started TomTom it said "maps not found". Can anyone confirm it's just a case of selecting hidden files?

Thanks all,

Mark
schneid
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, this post is about a Pocket PC not a Go.

I use an iPaq and installed TT 5 originally from purchased CDs. I have subsequently upgraded to 5.1 and 5.21 without problem. I also have migrated without problem from a 512 card to a 1gb and now a 2gb card by copying from the old card to the PC and back to the new card.

If you are installing a copy of TomTom activated to your device code then you should not be having a problem. To install TomTom from CD you need a product code, a device code, and an activation code.

Does TomTom sell maps pre-installed on SD cards? I don't know. If so, one would think they would have some sort of copy protection, so that might be the problem.

For folks here to get their thinking caps on straight, you need to be specific about your setup.
sunscreemer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

It appears that the "show all files" option solved the problem. I docked my Ipaq, copied the contents of the TomTom SD card including hidden files to my PC then used a card reader to transfer to the new SD card. Works a treat!

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Mark

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: