Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Buddies
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Buddies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trevor.dowle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: TomTom Buddies Reply with quote

I am using TomTom One v 1

When I try to 'Invite new buddy' , I am told:

"To use this service you need to be registered with TomTom home".
(error code 2030)

I have registered with TomTom home and I am actually using TomTom traffic (on trial), so I don't know what else to do. Can anyone advise me please?

Trev Dowle
TomTom 730 T
trevor.dowle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom Buddies Reply with quote

trevor.dowle wrote:

(error code 2030)

I have registered with TomTom home and I am actually using TomTom traffic (on trial), so I don't know what else to do. Can anyone advise me please?

If anyone gets this problem, here is the solution from TomTom:

We would like you to login to the weather. And then go back and invite a buddy. We can not tell you why you get error 2030, but if you login to weather via TomTom HOME. it will solve the problem.

Trev Dowle
TomTom 730 T
trevor.dowle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom Buddies Reply with quote

trevor.dowle wrote:
trevor.dowle wrote:

(error code 2030)

If anyone gets this problem, here is the solution from TomTom:

We would like you to login to the weather. And then go back and invite a buddy. We can not tell you why you get error 2030, but if you login to weather via TomTom HOME. it will solve the problem.

It didn't work. I am now told that my subscription to TomTom buddies has expired! Its supposed to be free.

Ideas anyone - whilst I am waiting for TomTom solution No 2?

Trev Dowle
TomTom 730 T
trevor.dowle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: No response Reply with quote

Obviously not a subject dear to the hearts of others.

I'm not too worried either, I'd just like to 'crack' the problem. I'm just a bit disappointed that no-one seems to have any ideas?

Tomtoms second suggestion didn't work either!

Trev Dowle
TomTom 730 T
Mally1957
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe wrong here but I dont think you can use buddies when you are using the trial version of traffic.
It can be used with the paid for subscription (just checked).
BTW you cannot invite yourself Exclamation Exclamation

A now retired Tomtom 940 v9.541.3145439.1 OS:1493118, GPS v1.20 Boot 5.5120, West Europe Map v1025.9386
trevor.dowle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mally1957 wrote:
Maybe wrong here but I dont think you can use buddies when you are using the trial version of traffic.
It can be used with the paid for subscription (just checked).
BTW you cannot invite yourself :!: :!:

Thanks for the advice, and I should have updated the post before. It's now working, and was something to do with my log-in.
I accepted the default log-in which was automatically configured when I first established the connection, but it should have actually been my e-mail address. When I changed it, everything was OK.

Trev Dowle
TomTom 730 T
Mally1957
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I accepted the default log-in which was automatically configured when I first established the connection, but it should have actually been my e-mail address. When I changed it, everything was OK.

You and me both when I upgraded to the paid for service, completely forgot to change login and password.

A now retired Tomtom 940 v9.541.3145439.1 OS:1493118, GPS v1.20 Boot 5.5120, West Europe Map v1025.9386
beej
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I couldn't get "Invite Buddy" to work at all. We're both signed up on MyTomTom, but the error message is "yourfriend@email.com does not have a TT account" (which isn't correct).

The difference between him and I is that he has activated his trial and I haven't. So for me, nothing worked until he added me, not the other way around. And he had the problem which needed the login to weather for it all to work.

I can't quite tell how the data conn works. I've left it sitting on my map screen, no route planned, but the data connection on my phone still seems to be open. If it keeps the connection open all the time then that's not great from the point of view of incoming calls.

So there you go - if you haven't activated the trial, someone needs to add you, because you can't add them. Hope that helps Smile

(Makes a mockery of the "Guided Tour" though eh?)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: