Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN3.03 message about modem not connected
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN3.03 message about modem not connected

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hegedusa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:03 am    Post subject: TTN3.03 message about modem not connected Reply with quote

While Navigating, every so often an annoying balloon popup appears at the top of the screen telling me that there is no modem set up. I can dismiss this and it has no adverse effect on navigation, other than being annoying.

This only started when I upgraded to 3.03 - it was fine up till then. As I don't use my Ipaq for anything else other than TomTom (is it a REAL PDA too ? Confused ) I can't work out what's causing the message to come up. Could it possibly be something to do with TomTom traffic (which I don't use - and I didn't install the 3.04T version)?

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Anthony
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Anthony, i had the same problem as you when i updated,as i run a wired TT gps , what i did was to remove the TomTom~gps and all is ok now and it works even with the safety screen set up ,i do beleive it has something to do with the bluetooth connection,someone else may have abetter idea than me,but removing TomTom~gps did work for me.

hope this helps

cheers trevor
Iphone x 64gb IOS 11.3.1 / IPhone 6 Plus 32gb IOS 12 beta /Volkswagen Scirocco R 280 bhp /Suzuki Vitara swb vvt+ /Suzuki Jimny special/running Apple Mac Mini / Apple air/ iPhone x /6 plus navigation / Apple car-play
a4ace
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

open activesync in pocketpc while undocked. under tools, select options and see if any has 'use mobile schedule to sync with this pc' is ticked. this option should be deselected.
hegedusa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a4ace wrote:
open activesync in pocketpc while undocked. under tools, select options and see if any has 'use mobile schedule to sync with this pc' is ticked. this option should be deselected.

Thanks for that, it worked! And, tomtom actually navigated me to the correct high road in a town I've never been to before, without me having to guess the postcode!

However, since getting there I noticed that tomtom kept exitting on its own, and then started up on its own. It seems that my ipaq 3870 has developed some sort of hardware fault: it keeps thinking that button 4 is pressed. And I've set up button 4 to start tomtom, and within tomtom, to exit. So I just set the buttons to do nothing.

That, coupled with the fact that about half the time I turn on the ipaq, it says there's a bluetooth error just goes some way to showing just what a load of crap compaqs ipaq range was 2 years ago.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm in a bad mood :-( after having to work out why tomtom kept going wrong.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turning any Pocket PC off then back on with an active Bluetooth connection tends to go wrong. It's to do with the rather harsh way the Bluetooth connection got ripped out when you turned off the Pocket PC - and the Pocket PCs Bluetooth stack not recovering that gracefully from its indeterminate state.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: