Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - USA TomTom 910
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

USA TomTom 910

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dspugh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: USA TomTom 910 Reply with quote

Hi,
Im about to travel out to North America (Phoenix/Denver) and need to load up the US camera database. Upto now, I've only loaded the full UK database. I was wondering if there was a method i could use where I could add the US cameras, without having to overwrite the whole files and therefore go through the laborious task of setting each camera type up ?

Any help greatfully apreciated.
Thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The USA map has its own folder into which the USA POI files must be placed, it also has its own MapSettings.cfg file which is where the device stores your POI warnings and other custom settings. There is no way to get around setting up the POI warnings, you can make life a little easier though by using the ogg files which is a much faster way to set up than typing the warnings in for the TTS to use - Mike
dspugh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - can you tell me more about the OGG files. Where can I learn about these and how to use them?

Thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a read through This page which contains the instructions and download links (Liz Whitt is a good choice IMHO) - Mike
dspugh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - I found the page and see many options. I'll try a download of the main file. BUT do I need to place the download into the Western Europe and ALSO the North America folders ?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any POI files for America should be placed into the North America map folder, POI files for UK/ Europe must go in the Western Europe map folder - Mike
dspugh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry let me ask a different way.

You referred me to load OGG files - I followed your link and can't see files for NA, and seperate files for Western Europe - there seems to be only 1 file (but different versions sounds etc...) - do I download the 1 file, and then copy into both the NA and the Europe folders ?
dspugh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - I found the page and see many options. I'll try a download of the main file. BUT do I need to place the download into the Western Europe and ALSO the North America folders ?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Mike says.... POIs intended for Europe go in the Europe map's folder, POIs for the US go in the US map's folder.

So if you downloaded the speed camera files for the UK, that would produce ".ov2" data files and ".bmp" icons which you would put in the EUROPE map folder. You could then add the relevant ".ogg" voice files if you wished, they are optional.

If you downloaded the EURO speed camera files you would get some different .ov2 and .bmp files which you would also put in the Europe map's folder (again, you could add voice files if you wished - but there is only one ready-made set available from this site).

If you downloaded the US camera files, then you would get one or more sets of .ov2 and .bmp files which you would put into the USA map's folder.

I don't think there are any pre-made .ogg voice files that match the US camera data yet.

There is no short-cut to avoid entering the 'warn when near' details, I'm afraid.
You have to think down to the level of a computer - you are not doing it "again"... you're doing it for the first time (with completely different files from when you did it before).
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
I don't think there are any pre-made .ogg voice files that match the US camera data yet.
This is quite correct, BUT you could take a UK OGG file set for the Speed zoned files and use that, but you will have to rename the file:

pocketgps_uk_gatso_50.ogg

would have to be edited to read:

pocketgps_usa_gatso_50.ogg

Repeat the above for each file required and you will have all the required sounds with the exception of Mobile Var, for this one set it up using the manual TTS on the device - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike, I really should have mentioned that.... Embarassed
rejsbo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Speedcams in USA Reply with quote

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=372892

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: