Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nokia (N82) Maps. Camera base available?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nokia (N82) Maps. Camera base available?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevinx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Nokia (N82) Maps. Camera base available? Reply with quote

People.

I've looked round the postings, but not able to find a link, nor information, so forgive me if it IS here somewhere.

Is there a camera (PGPS) data base for use on a Nokia N82, with Nokia Maps, which in fact are TeleAtlas maps??

Normal use is a TomTom one, but I also have maps on my N82, which I use rarely (when I find I need sat nav, and forgotten my TTOne.

Cheers
Mv710.1561(W Europe)+Traffic, N82 connection to GPRS traffic
+
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly not as Nokia's Smart2Go software does not support custom POIs.
kevinx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Darren.

No big issue, as TTOne is used exclusively. It's only when I may be out and about without (rarely) the TTOne that it would have been handy.

Best regards.

Cheers
+
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it stands, As Darren says, Nokia's implementation of POI files is not what it could be, or should be.

As a result, it is not possible to have such POI's and thus Speed Camera warnings.

Let me repeat however, this is to do with how Nokia utilise and support POI's, if you can call them that on Nokia Maps.

Gadzillions of other devices, from millions of different manufactures can and do work fine with the PGPSW Database.

(A slight exaggeration, but hopefully you get the picture *Laughing Out Loud)
kevinx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Shadamehr.

However, last count I think it was "One Gadzillion and twenty two", but that is of course subject to a recount ;-)

Cheers for the feedback

I see you too use the N82, like I, although TomTom haven't confirmed its compatibility, yet. I find it works just fine.

Cheers
+
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevinx wrote:

However, last count I think it was "One Gadzillion and twenty two", but that is of course subject to a recount ;-)

Cheers for the feedback

I see you too use the N82, like I, although TomTom haven't confirmed its compatibility, yet. I find it works just fine.

Cheers

Kev mate, do you mean for Wireless Data, or do you actually get it to work as your Hands Free unit with the N82.

Curious to know, as I gave up the ghost ages ago where Symbian Based Series 60 Nokias were concerned as a hands free unit.

If I find you can use yours with TT as a hands free unit, I might go back and give it another go - but I read some tales about being able to make outgoing calls fine, but NOT to be able to accept incoming calls, where the caller only hears silence, but you can hear them.

I think this is what I used to get.

One thing I think confounds it, is that I use FM out to car radio. But other users might be able to tell me how to change or get around this, so I can try it again as a Hands Free unit...

Cheers mate.
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: QUESTION about handsfree output etc... Reply with quote

UPDATE:

It seems that with the N82, they have improved on things - as I seem to be able to use it now too.

Cool. Thanks for encouraging me mate.

Thus a question for all those already using the TT as a handsfree...

I assume I am right in saying that for this to work correctly, I need to set it for Voice Navigation via my car radio/FM, and Music (and thus, I assume, calls) via the Built in speaker?

Is this how you get it to work.
Question
I assume I can't have incoming callers voice also routed to FM as well?
kevinx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadamehr wrote:
kevinx wrote:

Cheers for the feedback

Cheers

Kev mate, do you mean for Wireless Data, or do you actually get it to work as your Hands Free unit with the N82.

Curious to know, as I gave up the ghost ages ago where Symbian Based Series 60 Nokias were concerned as a hands free unit.

If I find you can use yours with TT as a hands free unit, I might go back and give it another go - but I read some tales about being able to make outgoing calls fine, but NOT to be able to accept incoming calls, where the caller only hears silence, but you can hear them.

I think this is what I used to get.

One thing I think confounds it, is that I use FM out to car radio. But other users might be able to tell me how to change or get around this, so I can try it again as a Hands Free unit...

Cheers mate.

Shadamehr,

No I only use the N82 as the data connection between TomTomONE (original) and the network. The TTOne (original) does NOT have hands free operation.

So, TTOne paired with N82 for data (traffic/buddies). When I receive/make a call then the call is routed, via Bluetooth, through the car speakers. TTOne "speaks" to me through its own speaker.

Cheers
+
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: QUESTION about handsfree output etc... Reply with quote

shadamehr wrote:
I assume I can't have incoming callers voice also routed to FM as well?
Correct, hands free audio can only come from the TomTom built is speaker - quite a few of us want the Hands Free audio via line out and/ or FM Tx but sadly nobody is listening - Mike
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all.

I'll continue with my ongoing experiences in the other thread running about this.

Thanks for he info all.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: