Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Issues upgrading 300 - "Internal Server Error"
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Issues upgrading 300 - "Internal Server Error"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tumbleweed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Issues upgrading 300 - "Internal Server Error" Reply with quote

I have raised a problem with TT and waiting for a response but thought I'd see if anyone else had had this.

Installed Home 2.1, upgrade to latest TT software as recommended by it (7.162), bought map on TT site, then via Home start the process of downloading, which seems to work, in that it apparently downloads the file, gets to 0 seconds remaining (though there is a little bit of the download bar that doesn't fill in), then there is a wait of a few seconds and I get 'internal server error'.

FWIW I can see the new downloaded map on my HD, in fact there are many copies, presumably after each download has stopped (I have tried this several times, as you do :-). One of the downloaded files in each folder 'activationmap_50028.cab is 0kb, that doesn't look good? All the others seem ok, the map is 129,664kb.

Any ideas?Is there an easy way to put the map of these on my TT directly and have it work? I'm guessing I need this activationmap file to have something in it?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are all the Activation_Map Files 0KB? Should be 1KB.

As it's names implies it holds the Map Activation File, so you could install the Map but not use it.

It might be quicker to telephone TT and say that the activation has downloaded as a Zero Byte File. 0845 1610009

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Tumbleweed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks oldboy did that, they advised me to delete the stuff that was downloaded and go through teh download again, and that did the trick.

Looks like I have got some new features to play with now (trip logging?), must also sign up for and download the new speed cams here mine are more than a year out of date!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: