Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin i3 reports speed limits incorrectly
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin i3 reports speed limits incorrectly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cpearmain
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Garmin i3 reports speed limits incorrectly Reply with quote

A couple of weeks ago I did a full reset of my Garmin i3 (to clear the map update warning messgae). I then downloaded and installed the latest camera database for the i3 from Pocketgpsworld.com.

Most camera are shown correctly but I get spurious warnings of speed limits that are simply incorrect. The two favourite speed limit warnings seem to be 19mph in a 30 mph zone or 26 mph in a 60 mph zone.

These warnings occur at the same place on various roads around Evesham, Tewkesbury and Stratford upon Avon but, checking the camera location map here, no cameras are listed at the locations concerned.

I'm probably doing something dumb but can anyone cast light on the cause of the problem?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, please re-install your speed camera POI file using POILoader, but this time make sure you set the units of measurement to MPH as it would appear you have installed them using the default setting of KPH (its a drop down selection box on the PC application POILoader) - this should sort you out - Mike
cpearmain
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your welcome and swift reply Mike. I'd read of the KPH/MPH loader issue in the forums here but it was the display of 'phantom' cameras that made me wonder if it was a different problem.

I'll take your advice and reinstall but may have to wait to test it as the Cotswold roads are packed with holidaymakers at present!

Charlie

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: