Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PDA/GPS receiver incar mounts
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PDA/GPS receiver incar mounts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boyracerbert
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: PDA/GPS receiver incar mounts Reply with quote

Does anyone know if such an in car cradle exists?

I would like a powered cradle/mount for my ipaq 2110, possibly with built in speaker, in which I can also mount my tomtom Bluetooth GPS receiver, allowing both PDA and GPS receiver to be charged. I would like it to be as compact as possible and also have as few wires as possible, preferably only from cigar socket to powered mount.

Any suggestions gratefully received Thumbs Up
Donald
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: PDA/GPS receiver incar mounts Reply with quote

boyracerbert wrote:

I would like a powered cradle/mount for my ipaq 2110, possibly with built in speaker, in which I can also mount my tomtom Bluetooth GPS receiver, allowing both PDA and GPS receiver to be charged. I would like it to be as compact as possible and also have as few wires as possible, preferably only from cigar socket to powered mount.

Take a look at the ARKON range of powered cradles www.arkon,com
Find the type that would do the job, then go to eBay and do a search for that model number.

I have two of these mounts, one a powered unit for my Axim X5 that has a wired receiver. The other one has a built Arkon powered mount has a built in receiver that I use with TT5 on an Axim X50.
Donald
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: PDA/GPS receiver incar mounts Reply with quote

boyracerbert wrote:

Further to my earlier reply - Just go to eBay and enter the search word "Arkon" you will find loads of powered cradles...

In my humble opinion, the Arkon are great. Take a look at the specs... apart from doing the biz on powering the pda and amplifying the audio, they also have extra inputs and outputs (IE Blue tooth charging socket, additional usb type power access to run other usb powered devices etc)

No, I dont work for them, I use two types and they work.
Donald
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: PDA/GPS receiver incar mounts Reply with quote

[quote="Donald"]
boyracerbert wrote:

Take a look at the ARKON range of powered cradles www.arkon,com
quote]
Embarassed That should read www.arkon.com

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: