Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How do I ...............
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I ...............

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manicmiller
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: How do I ............... Reply with quote

Hi there. This is my first post on here, despite having been an avid reader of other's posts for some weeks. This is a brilliant site and it's been the scource of lots of useful information as I've got to grips with GPS and Tomtom's spoftware.
I'm running Navigator 3.07 with a powered Arkon mount with built in receiver on a Ipaq Hx4700. It works a treat and I've done lots of "testing" with routes I know and have been more than satisfied with all the kit.

That's the background and my question may seem simple to the experts on here, but can anyone tell me how I edit/remove items from the "recent locations" list? in the Navigator menu?

I'm stumped Sad
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi manicmiller,

I don't think you can remove any of the locations in this menu. I think what happens is that as you visit more locations, the older ones simply drop off the menu and are replaced by these new ones.

Regards,

Bo Peep.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Bo Peep says, you can't edit or remove items directly from the list.

In time, older items drop off the bottom of the list. If that's unacceptable, the only way to wipe the list is to delete your map settings file (in \My Documents\TomTom Navigator Settings - you're looking for the .cfg file with a name relating to the map) or restore a copy of that file that has nothing in the list.

David
manicmiller
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the prompt replies guys. If it's not meant to be it's not meant to be. DavidW - there are several cfg. files located where you described. I'm not confident enough to know I'll be removing the right one. I think I'll adopt the "If it's not broke, why fix it" approach and err on the safe side.

Thanks again for your help.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a global settings .cfg, and one for each map you use. When you look at the names, it's fairly obvious which is which. The one you want to delete to get rid of the history is the appropriate map .cfg.

Most people, myself included, find it's OK to let places drop off the bottom of the list over time.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: