Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How much of Rep. of Ireland is covered?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How much of Rep. of Ireland is covered?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve101
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: How much of Rep. of Ireland is covered? Reply with quote

I've been reading articles on this forum for the last year, waiting for a cheaper product than the ICN 630 to come onto the market.

When I heard of the CoPilot V5 it looked to be a very good product as well as a cheaper price tag. I thought I'd wait a little while until there were some reviews on the CoPilot before I went to buy it.
But there are hardly any posts on the amount of coverage it has for Rep. of Ireland.

I've found no references on the internet apart from the 'more extensive coverage of Ireland'. Could anyone who has already bought the CoPilot 5 answer a few questions for me?

These answers would probably clear up a lot of confusion for people over here.

1. Which cities are covered down to 'street level' ?
2. Are any of the major towns mapped at 'street level' ?
3. Are all the M (Motorway), N (National) and R (Rural) roads covered? Percentage of Rural roads are especially important.
4. Have all the towns and villages been put on the map?
5. Have the towns and villages got an either an N or R road going through them. IE. there's not just a dot on the map without a road passing through.
6. How many points of interest are there likely to be?

All replies greatly appreciated.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How longs a piece of string ? I don't know what roads there should be because I'm comparing with the likes of AutoRoute, which is worse, but all I can tell you is there is extensive coverage.

If you want an app to support Ireland, then you need something with a May 2004 NAVTEQ data set and currently CoPilot is the only one that supports this on the PPC front that I'm aware of.

There are threads in the CoPilot forum where I have provided map clippings from the desktop version.
Steve101
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Dave.

Maybe I was being a bit too specific with my questions. I've had a look at the screenshots you mentioned. They are a bit out in the sticks, with only a few roads to look at. Do you think you could post a screenshot of major towns such as Carlow, Kilkenny or Waterford?

This would give a fairly good indication as to detail of other towns in Ireland.
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navman Smart STv3 Ireland map covers at least 20 towns / cities down to street level with all the M and N roads in-between.

The towns / cities at street level are:

Athlone, Ballincolling, Bray, Carlow, Cork, Drogheda, Dublin, Dundalk, Dun Laoghaire, Galway, Kildare, Kilkenney, Limerick, Navan, Sallybrook, Sligo, Swords, Tralee, Waterford, Wexford

There may be more....
TomTom GO
Anquet OS mapping

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: