Click here to go to the PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
'WinMo' refers to the Windows Mobile version of the software
The iPhone installation requires your iPhone to be 'jail broken' which may invalidate your warranty - you will need 3rd party software to access the root folder of the iPhone; messing about in here could damage your iPhone so follow the instructions carefully! We accept no liability if you mess things up - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
The iPhone installation provides directional warnings.
Installing the Speed Camera Alerts
1. Download the speed camera database in 'CoPilot 8' CSV format from the download area linked above and extract using WinZip or similar.
WinMo & Android: Recommended 'Consolidated by Type' download
iPhone: Recommended 'Single File' download
2. WinMo: Browse to \ Storage Card \ COPILOT \ SAVE
Browse to \ Storage Card \ COPILOT \ SAVE
iPhone: Browse to \ user \ applications \ *copilot hex code* \ Documents \ EU \ save
3. WinMo: Copy all the .csv and .png files from the download to the folder from 'part 2'
Android: Copy all the .csv and .png files from the download to the folder from 'part 2'
iPhone: Copy all the .csv files from the download to the folder from 'part 2' (note that the .png files are not needed)
4. Start CoPilot. You will see a screen stating that the POIs are being integrated
- Android & iPhone: the software only manages to import one file at a time. Simply press 'cancel' after it completes teh first one then keep restarting the software until all files are integrated.
Activate the Speed Camera Alerts
1. To activate the alerts for Speed Cameras go to: Settings ⇒ Safety Alerts. Then tick 'Display Safety Alerts' and choose your preferred distance.
2. To display the icons on the map at all times go to: Settings ⇒ POI Display. Then select 'Always' and in the list of 'Currently Displayed POIs' ensure that 'Safety Cameras' is selected (along with any other POI icons you want displaying on the map at all times!)
Updating the Speed Camera Alerts (or removing ALK's own database)
1. WinMo: Browse to \ Storage Card \ COPILOT \ EU \ Full \ SAVE \ user_places (NB: 'Full' may be different (e.g. 'UK') depending on which data region [Settings / Data Region] you are using)
Android: Browse to \ Storage Card \ COPILOT \ EU \ Full \ SAVE \ user_places (NB: 'Full' may be different (e.g. 'UK') depending on which region version you are using)
iPhone: Browse to
\ user \ applications \ *copilot hex code* \ Documents \ EU \ save \ user_places
2. When you install the database the software will create a subfolder within this 'user_places' folder. This sub folder will be named the same as the POI file so will be similar to 'pgpsw_uk_gatso' etc depending on which files were installed. The folder called 'safetycams' is ALK's own database and can be deleted or backed up depending on personal preference.
3. Delete any folders (POI categories) that you wish to remove / update.
4. Install the database as per the instructions at the start of this guide.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE BOOKMARK THIS PAGE NOW FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
Add this page to your list of favourites/bookmarks. Please right click here.
NEED HELP? - > - > - >
Please note that the safety camera warning software is a free add-on to membership and as such is not a commercially guaranteed product. Both the camera database and the site offer community support and help only. That said, the answers to the vast majority of questions are provided within 24 hours.
Click here if you have membership sign-up problems.
Click here if you're downloading problems after reading the instructions above.