Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - No disrespect intended...but...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

No disrespect intended...but...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arfurdent
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so very true

Merry Christmas to all who walk these dusty halls
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arfurdent wrote:
so very true

Merry Christmas to all who walk these dusty halls

Chees Afur & from MeToo Merry Xmas Merry Xmas
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is so sad. This used to be such a jolly and vibrant community. I guess that most of us are still around, but more as occasional lurkers.

In addition to the above possible reasons, I'd like to throw Covid and the associated lock downs into the mix. I for one am travelling less and on usual routes. I have no need to rely on my tech to get me there or to warn me of camera locations.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AliOnHols wrote:
It is so sad. This used to be such a jolly and vibrant community. I guess that most of us are still around, but more as occasional lurkers.

In addition to the above possible reasons, I'd like to throw Covid and the associated lock downs into the mix. I for one am travelling less and on usual routes. I have no need to rely on my tech to get me there or to warn me of camera locations.

Yep - less travel has definitely caused a reduction in camera submissions (and subsequently my workload) Crying or Very sad

Hope you all had a good Christmas though!
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been limiting my weekly SV submissions because I thought you were under pressure Guinness
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
bond007
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good day gents,

I remember back in the day when this forum started the community was so vibrant.... Those were the good old days when TomTom used to allow the custom POI's to be added..In fact TomTom was the only proper Personal Navigation Device available back then and it was cutting edge.. Crikey I still have my first TomTom device gathering dust somewhere that I'm sure of Smile. Of course they then developed their app as did other manufacturers like Co-Pilot etc...I believe the TomTom app was pretty good from what I could remember running on an iPhone 3 or was it on a 2 it ran? Nevertheless it was cutting edge in those days and very much welcomed.... Of course over the years Google Maps popped up, then there was all that debacle of who copied whose camera POI's (blah blah blah) and now of course there is Waze... and here we all are caught up into this decade ;)

One thing which is constant in all this.... I myself, nearly always use the PGPSW camera alerts whenever I am driving. Even as of yesterday I had the Camera Alert app switched on in the background. It is by far the best Speed camera POI app by far hands down.... Of course it's only as good our members who report the camera changes.... However, in this day and age when you can get into 'trouble' for even touching ones phone whilst driving I suspect this is why less people who either subscribe or who are life time members actually press that button to report a camera. Maybe the report button should be simpler with just one press and not having to faff around on another screen trying to decide which type of camera it is you have just spotted...? Scrolling down a list of camera types whilst driving probably isn't a good idea...

By the way, on the topic of life time subs has this now got a time limit set? Mine says that it expires in circa 7 years from now...

Oh Happy New Year by the way to everyone Smile
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lifetime dying date was set back in the days of steam, when many people thought Windows was great and that new fangled decimal currency was still confusing. It meant you couldn’t set an indeterminate death date and could only set a date which was today plus X. Anyway, nobody expected us to live this long so it wasn’t a problem. But we’re all still alive. It is rumoured that MaFt has a note in his diary to extend all our memberships as each one expires, which is fair enough - he’s a young lad in good health. But I have been praying for him throughout the Pandemic. Mine expires in five years and six weeks, so it’s a gamble which of us expires first, me or my membership!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: