Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ad Blockers
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ad Blockers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:56 pm    Post subject: Ad Blockers Reply with quote

I have a lovely new MacBook Air, which I setup by migrating my settings from old MacBook Pro, so it does all the stuff on the new that it did on the old.

EXCEPT for some things like my logins to some sites which are giving me a few nightmares. But what I need is an explanantion how to stop it complaining about PGPSW site, or rather, how to stop PGPSW site from complaining. It says We can see you have an ad blocker and we don't love you for it, so please stop doing it. Now, I'm very happy to do so, except I didn't know I have an ad blocker and I don't know how to stop it. Do you?

MacBook Air, macOS Big Sur 11.2.3

My desktop Mac 27 doesn't do this, my iPhone doesn't do this andf my iPad doesn't do it. So GRRR! And HELP! (Please).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on 11.2.1 (not updated to 11.2.3 yet) but ads are showing correctly on Safari here. Looking online it's a 'content blocker' built in to Safari

https://support.apple.com/sl-si/guide/safari/ibrwe2159f50/mac

With Safari open, click on 'Safari' at the top left then click on 'Preferences...'. Then click on the 'Websites' tab and then 'Content blocker' on the left. If PGPSW is listed there then you can turn it off.

You can also slick on 'Safari' at the top left then 'Settings for this website' and disable it there. It's turned on for me but the ads still show so it may be a bug in the newer version?!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks MaFt, I have at long last got round to following your directions after a couple of days too busy for anything. Only to find that it isn't doing it any more, also that my login nightmares aren't nightmaring any more. Maybe this is why I like Apple thingies.

It might be nice if Apple did whitevans and satnavs.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: