Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speedtrap Alert for Android (Split from CamerAlert Thread re
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speedtrap Alert for Android (Split from CamerAlert Thread re
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Speedtrap Alert (STA)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kremmen wrote:
Trev .... are you thinking what I'm thinking re the URL ?
That one is F16 ing me K? Not with it.
Text/email?
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kremmen wrote:
Yes it does. It uses Google TTS very well. It only uses the iGo based data so unverified cameras aren't highlighted like CA allows.

Can you not use:

iGO
Include pMobile Files
UK - Single file with all cameras?

Might need a bit of tweaking from MaFt and Leo, but the ability to speak the ID of an unverified camera for later analysis from dashcam footage would be useful. Thumbs Up

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
Leo_A
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Internet consumed by the app map and traffic data:
It is quite small (times smaller than Waze consumes, for example), later I'll write more exact "Kbytes per 100 miles" value.

"the map isn't seamless, pointer moves from top to bottom of screen before updating":
Seamless moving is in future (but not nearest) plans as an option. Current step-moving is more battery-friendly than seamless moving. To shift map seamlessly, the app needs to re-calculate which points get in and out of the map viewport secondly, with every new GPS position obtained, then to add or remove map markers and polylines.

"Does Speedtrap Alert have the option to use TTS to announce the full details of the camera, i.e. Type, speed, and ID?":
It can speak almost everything, but this depends on data provided.
For example, typical line in the data file is:

if to add to its end something like this
-2.74783,53.3244,1,60,1,340,#{""Description":"my custom message", "SpeakDescription":1}
the app will speak "my custom message" in addition to "speed camera, limit.., distance ..". If to set "SpeakDescription" to 2, then it will speak it instead of "speed camera …".

Perhaps, it is possible to auto-generate data file with #{"Description":"MOBILE:272883@30", "SpeakDescription":1} added,
but:
- this will affect everyone, I'm not sure that everyone would like to listen this;
- TTS will read "mobile two hundreds and seventy two thousands... at thirty" instead of "two seven two eight eight...".

URL:
Good solution could be as if a user with valid subscription would have his personal unique URL for desired format, which is: a) password protected b) with countable requests, say, 5-10 daily.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Kremmen and I have developed programs that 'automatically' download a GPSW data file provided the user is logged on with a valid subscribed username.
There is a code number at the end of the URL that indicates which file to download. My prog is written in VBA and downloads the cams for verification and Kremmen's downloads the correct data file for his CSV-GPX converter.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add to M8 .... the auto download of either the Garmin POI or the Verifiers database requires the PC to hold a 'cookie type ID' with the users own PGPSW login details so the validity of the user can be verified.
You need to have logged in to PGPSW, so it can set the cookie and have a valid subscription for this to work.

That would presumably need a Leo/MaFt job for Android.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
Leo_A
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are also 'Include pMobiles' checkbox and region selection dropdown (UK, EU, US, etc). URL should take it into account somehow, may be as optional parameters like /?pmobiles=yes&region=US
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once I've had the chance to test a known package URL, or if M8 does it first, I'll let you, and MaFt, know if it works.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've run the latest update a few times now and it works well.

The only thing that is missing is the identification of the pseudo 'end Specs'. At both ends of the M4 where I break off before the zone ends it is quite a few miles before I get the 'end of Specs zone check' message.

I also need to check my settings because at the Reading end I turn off the M4 onto the A329(M) where I'm quickly up to 70mph but I'm getting no audible overspeed warning even though I don't get the end of zone message till after I've left the A329(M) near Winnersh Triangle a few miles from the M4 exit.

Although that's probably a good thing I suppose.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
Leo_A
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kremmen wrote:
The only thing that is missing is the identification of the pseudo 'end Specs'. At both ends of the M4 where I break off before the zone ends it is quite a few miles before I get the 'end of Specs zone check' message.

There are no dummy ends in the data file.

Kremmen wrote:
I also need to check my settings because at the Reading end I turn off the M4 onto the A329(M) where I'm quickly up to 70mph but I'm getting no audible overspeed warning even though I don't get the end of zone message till after I've left the A329(M) near Winnersh Triangle a few miles from the M4 exit.

The app sends only vocal alerts via BT-hands free, other sound go through the phone speaker via 'ringer and notification' channel'. May be you havet heard it (ringer volume was low)?

Why not to set this point as 'end'?

as this point, for example
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, I wonder why 198818 isn't an end camera ?

I do know that the A329(M) southeastbound just before I break off to join the M4 eastbound is the start of a 50mph roadworks zone, but crucially there are no Specs cameras listed and I haven't seen any but not surprising because I leave the A329(M) only about 50yds after the first 50 sign.

I previously assumed that the middle camera tag of 198818 was because if you turn left onto the A329(M) then you are still in a 50 Specs zone, but it seems not. I turn right towards Reading so it's 70mph.

I'll report 198818 as an end cam.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
Leo_A
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps, CA will stop av. check for around half mile if to set it as the end until the next SPECS. But test is needed to verify this.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CA has the same problem so pseudo end zone markers are put in that it recognises.

Your screenshot doesn't show them. Must remember to post this junctions dummy points (tomorrow).

@MaFt - I wonder if the dummy end points could be included in the STA file with another code for you to pick up ?
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

198818 will not be an end specs because it it is presumably a real camera location, but is too close to the main track to mark as end else it would cancel the av calc on the main track.
I haven't looked at the sub map to look for exit specs on this junction.
Leo_A
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just made a thing that I planned earlier, but did not. To build a route from specs to specs and to guide a car along this route with reliable detection of exiting av zone.

Yellow dotted line is new recalculated route ahead, orange solid - between specs. Screenshot made seconds before the app stops av calc without dummy ends. But the road network is necessary for this.

Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks M, I twigged the same later on. That 198818 camera and direction may indeed trigger an end Specs for vehicles still on the M4.

I'll cancel my change request.

What we need, ideally, is the dummy end specs(s) to be available to Leo so he can perform an end of Specs zone, without having any confusing camera icon visible, ala CA.

There is nothing STA can do any better than what it currently does without extra info.

I've just looked and the dummy that would sort me at the Reading end is: "EXITSPECS 191815", so it does already have a unique ID that MaFt may be able to help with getting all the ExitSpecs loaded.

Dummy ExitSpecs for info:

Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Speedtrap Alert (STA) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 9 of 41

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Make a Donation

CamerAlert Database

Click here for the PocketGPSWorld.com Speed Camera Database

Download Speed Camera Database
22.044 (24 Apr 24)

WORLDWIDE SPEED CAMERA SPOTTERS WANTED!

Click here to submit camera positions to the PocketGPSWorld.com Speed Camera Database

12mth Subscriber memberships awarded every week for verified new camera reports!

Submit Speed Camera Locations Now

CamerAlert Apps

iOS QR Code

Android QR Code

© Terms & Privacy

GPS Shopping