Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PGPSW camara database Suzuki SLDA Bosch Navigation system
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PGPSW camara database Suzuki SLDA Bosch Navigation system

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mossback
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:26 pm    Post subject: PGPSW camara database Suzuki SLDA Bosch Navigation system Reply with quote

Been using PGPSW database for years on my Garmin but have now bought a Vitara with built in sat nav. Can anyone please advise if there is a PGPSW database for this car/system?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the manual give any mention of loading your own 'custom points', 'custom pois' or 'personal pois' (or other similar phrases)?
Mossback
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
Does the manual give any mention of loading your own 'custom points', 'custom pois' or 'personal pois' (or other similar phrases)?

I've been told it does but won't be able to confirm that until I pick up the car - tomorrow or Wednesday.
Mossback
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:

Don't know if this will help but have had a look at the infotainment manual and have extracted the following:

Your own points of interest
In addition to the points of interest stored in the navigation data, you can also store your own points of interest and point of interest warnings on the device.
Data format
The file containing your own points of interest must comply with the WGS84 standard.
The required file format is “.csv”. Each line of the file may describe one point of interest containing the following pieces of information:
Longitude
Latitude
Name
Address (optional)
Telephone number (optional)
Notes:
Ensure that no piece of information contains a comma. Inside the file, commas are exclusively used to separate the different pieces of information from one another.
Coordinates of the southern and western hemisphere have to be specified by negative values.
The name of the csv file represents the name of the point of interest category. When setting up a csv file, be sure to insert only points of interest that belong to the same category and use the name of the category as the file name. You may create up to four additional levels of categories and subcategories if you create a corresponding folder structure. The name of a folder will be recognized as the name of the corresponding category or subcategory.
Notes:
The csv file or the top-level folder that represents a top-level category must be stored inside a folder named “myPOIs”. Place this folder in the root directory of a USB storage device.
A csv file that contains POI warnings must be stored inside the folder “myPOIs” or any of its subfolders. The name of this file must begin with “myPOIWarnings_” and end with “.csv” (for example “myPOIWarnings_Curves.csv”). Otherwise, the POI warnings cannot be displayed

Loading your own points of interest onto the device
Note:
When you load a new file, any of your own points of interest that are already stored on the device will be deleted.
Switch to navigation mode.
Connect the USB storage device containing the file to the device. The device detects the file automatically.
Tap Download to confirm that you want to load the file. The progress and completion of the loading operation are indicated.

Set Point of interest warnings displayed during the journey – on/off
When the displaying of point of interest warnings is enabled, the system displays a warning when you approach a point of interest warning’s location.

I think the storage device has to remain in the socket. ?????

This doesn't look like its something I could do unaided. Confused
Mossback
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I've given up on this now - bought a 'Drivesmart Pro Deluxe Speed Camera Detector' - free updates for life.

PGPSW has served me well for a long time, thanks.
mart_p
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossback wrote:
OK I've given up on this now - bought a 'Drivesmart Pro Deluxe Speed Camera Detector' - free updates for life.

PGPSW has served me well for a long time, thanks.

mossback,
POIs are fairly simple to load into the NAV system of the Vitara.
If you create / obtain a comma separated text file (Excel etc.) of the locations of speedcams as per the manual; save to a clean USB stick in a folder named "myPOIs", have the NAV system up, insert the USB device, and if the format is correct a pop-up message will appear on screen. Go ahead and OK that and the POIs will be loaded. Bear in mind as the manual says, any load of POIs that you do will overwrite your current POIs in the system. The USB device does NOT need to stay in the system.

The warning will appear on screen as "Approaching ****** " with the name of that particular POI inserted, and if you have it turned on, a pathetic beep from the sound system!

Good luck, although I guess you won't need POI Speedcams now Smile
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'Nissan Connect' download should work for this - you will just need to rename the file.

Specifically the Nissan version of the download has the name as, for example, "a GATSO camera ahead, 40 mph, SW. WARNING! [ID: 43]"

so the warning on screen, as mentioned by mart_p above, would be:

Approaching a GATSO camera ahead, 40 mph, SW. WARNING! [ID: 43]

MaFt[/b]
Mossback
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too late! Pro Delux came today and already in the car. I could have had over 5yrs subscription for what I paid for it Rolling Eyes Still, that's life.

Assuming I could have got it to work of course. Smile

Just thought, if it's that easy you really should be getting it out there, I suspect loads of Vitara owners are in the same boat as me.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: