Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Latest v1025 maps NOW RELEASED!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Latest v1025 maps NOW RELEASED!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject: Latest v1025 maps NOW RELEASED! Reply with quote

Yup, now available to download
molerat
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just put it onto my daughter's Go400. Had to get a micro SD as the smallest available Europe would no longer fit with a mere 8GB internal memory ! Shocked
jackbarry
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted the below on the Mapv1020 thread so I have copied it here as now more appropriate:

"Yesterday I tried to download map v1025 onto my 750 LIVE which has a 4GB card (I'm not going to get a larger one now as I have explained previously.) Before starting the download I removed cpeech_ dat files except GBR but obviously that was not enough as it did not succeed. I appear to be approx 540MB short. When I switch on the 750 now it asks me to load a map Europe (which is the only one shown) and when selected I get the message Map 101852 cannot be used. The device will not allow any other start screen even after a hard reset.

Using Manage My Go reveals that I have 5 maps installed v1005; v1010; v1015; v1020 and part of v1025. Is it possible for me to delete v1005 to make room for v1025 to complete and then work OK or should I just delete the part of v1025?

I would be grateful for any advice.
jack"
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can safely delete all/any maps you no longer want or need
jackbarry
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I firstly removed map v1005 using Manage My Go and retried to load the 540Mb remainder of v1025. Upon rebooting the 750 the start screen is still "please load Map Europe" which still produces "map 101852 cannot be used". I then decided to delete v1025 map using Manage My Go but got the same result.

Checking the 4GB card on WIN7 shows only 423MB free so the 1005 map and the 3443MB part of 1025 map do not seem to have been deleted from the card.

Going back into Manage My Go shows that the full 3984MB v1025 map has not been restored but only the 540MB part remains.

Can I ask anyone for further help please - my 750 is currently unusable.

jack
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try completely reformatting the card then only copy across your ttgo.bif file from your internal memory then you should be able to do everything just with a card reader & not even needing the device connected to TTHome as the card will be recognised by TTHome.
jackbarry
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you justbrowsing for responding. However, I am feeling very uneasy about reformatting the card (I assume you mean using Win7) because I don't understand how a 3KB file (ttgo.bif) will get me back to restoring all of what I have deleted. I don't know (& don't have) what a card reader is or how to use one in this context.

Can you or anyone else clarify please.
jack
jackbarry
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELP! Can anyone please help me to at least recover my 750 to how it was before I atttempted to download the v1025 map? It's unusable at the moment.

jack
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jack.
Do you have a previous back up of your Go750? Preferably one done using Windows Explorer and performed by copying all the files from the 750 to your pc.

EDIT, Oops! Sorry, I'd forgotten that the 750 is a recent model and doesn't use *Home* or allow transfer of files. Please disregard my comments above.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
jackbarry
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ali, My 750 Go LIVE is 10 years old & I do use HOME. I must have an old backup somewhere on my external drive - I'll have a look around this afternoon. So, you were saying?
jack

PS What do I need to get from the backup?
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great if you are able to find an old Windows Explorer copy of everything, grab the most recent one you have.

While you are at it, just to be perfectly sure, what happens if you connect your 750 to your pc and prevent HOME from starting up but usie Windows Explorer instead,? make sure Windows Explorer set to show *Hidden Files*. If it does show any files, copy all of those files onto the PC into a separate folder.

Also make a full back up copy of the files on the SD card into a separate folder. This may mean that you have to remove the SD card from the 750 and connect it directly to the PC.

Let us know your findings and we'll give further instructions accordingly.

Good luck.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just been reading the TT forum from between 2008 & 2010 trying to refresh my memory with EarlyGo problems and solutions.

Have you tried a *Pin Hole* reset? It seemed to cure a lot of problems back then!
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
jackbarry
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ali, thank you for your help & diligence. There is no pinhole on my 2010 750 GO LIVE. I have very quickly googled it and haven't found my model in that regard.

I won't be able to get onto trying your backup suggestions until hopefully over the weekend.
Regards, jack
entwood
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never owned a 750 live, but have helped fix a couple, and although I don't have one here to play with, if memory serves to reset it is press and hold the start button for either 15 or 30 seconds ??? Might be worth a try ?

Smile
jackbarry
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi AliOnHols, I think that I have managed to make a couple of Snipping Tool images of what I believe are the files from a backup of the SD card in my 750 LIVE made on 7 March 2019.

I don't know how to attach these snips to this post if that is possible; maybe you could enlighten me?

In reply to entwood I have done the reset you mention several times without success.

jack

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: