Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - help and advice please
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

help and advice please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nighthawk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: help and advice please Reply with quote

Hi guys

I have just taken delivery of an ipaq 2210 and tom tom 3 is in the post somewhere. but I need to get a few other bits covered.

I own a realtek sapphire gps mouse, which was used with my laptop and infomap navigator and i've bought a car cable for the ipaq which will also power the gps receiver.

will I need a driver to make the ipaq and tom tom use the royaltek gps?

if so, where can I get it from?

I'm also interested in adding on the speed camera points of interest file (the main reason for the ipaq)
will the scamera add on give a voice warning of proximity as well as a visual?

please forgive the questions, untill I have all the bits together, i don't really know what to expect.
nej
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You won't need a driver to make your GPS work with TomTom - TomTom has various built in specific settings (although I don't think yours is one of them) and various generic settings. You should find that NMEA 0183v2 4800 using Serial cable on Com1 should work.

As for the speed camera stuff - yes it does work and will give you audible and visual warnings. Using CheckPOInt you can specify WAV files to play as a first warning (say at 30 seconds), a second warning (say at 10 seconds), and if applicable, a speed warning. It's possible to download some specific WAV files for this - or you could make your own.

Bear in mind that the database for cameras is not complete (and never will be) but it is fairly comprehensive and is updated all the time.
nighthawk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply nej

I realise that the scamera database will never be 100%, but i'd guess at it being as upto date as the one on my road angel and that most of the fixed cams errected in the last couple of years are on there.

tom tom should be here tomorrow with luck, so i'll try what you suggest.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: