Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Florida Trip
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Florida Trip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kirium
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Florida Trip Reply with quote

Hi, I've done a search on PocketGPS for TT3 florida maps and have read various posts about mapopilous and copilot etc...

What i'm after is the definitive line -- I won't be going until May 05, will TT3 be released "stateside" by then ?? If it won't be what is the best option to go for, can I run alternative (mapopilous etc) software concurrently with TT3 or will I have to remove TT3 Evil or Very Mad

Has anybody tried any of the above yet (I refuse to believe I'm the first) if so did it work ? How did you get on with what ever you used...

I would be grateful for any replies, Thanks people :P
barryd
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my recent hols I downloaded Mapopolis and the time-limited trial maps (they work for nine days from first use) for Florida from their website. I had to download county by county, and after a few counties I'd get a message saying I'd reached my limit of free downloads for this session, but a few hours later I could start again. So I took a few days to get the 20 odd counties that I wanted.

Mapopolis was nice and easy to use for a newbie, I easily found everywhere I wanted with it, and it didn't once lock up or let me down. Only things I didn't like were the synthetic voice, the length of voice instructions, and the fact that the maps showed more detail than I wanted while driving. Presumably the Mapopolis forum on this site will give good advice on how to get the best from it.

I did also download one county map for the UK before I went, so that I could check Mapopolis was working before I set off. If you have any problems, search this forum for all the other threads with answers on how to allow TomTom to cohabit with other GPS software.
Kirium
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Barry, Mapopolis seems to be edging in front at the minute -- nice to hear TT3 will co-habit with other GPS software.

The only fly in the ointment is that we will be going for 3 to 4 weeks and the trial period seems to be 9 days :| how much is it to buy ? I would only be looking at a map of Florida for now.
barryd
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pricing is on their web site - there are several options.

The time limit is map specific, so if you're moving around a lot you should be able to eke them out a bit.

Barry
carl_w
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went to Florida at the end of May. At the time, Tomtom were promising TT3 USA "towards the end of May" Rolling Eyes

We're going to Florida again at the end of October. Tomtom are now promising TT3 USA "towards the end of October" Rolling Eyes

Needless to say, I'm now looking for another solution. TBH all we need is Orlando and surrounding areas.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: