Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Missing Menu Button?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Missing Menu Button?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject: Missing Menu Button? Reply with quote

Most recent Android phones have removed the hardware menu button but our app (at present) requires the menu button in order to link accounts and update the database...

UPDATE
If you don't have a menu button then you can now tap on the satellite logo (top right) and this will bring up the menu etc.

xxx

Old post text just for info...:
Every phone we've come across DOES have a menu button but it's not always clear how to access it. Usually you just need to tap and hold the app-switching button on the screen.

If you still have trouble accessing the menu then let us know and we can look into it and add any non-standard methods in this post.

Last edited by MaFt on Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:38 am; edited 2 times in total
alistairwat50n
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Missing Menu Button? Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
Most recent Android phones have removed the hardware menu button but our app (at present) requires the menu button in order to link accounts and update the database...

Every phone we've come across DOES have a menu button but it's not always clear how to access it. Usually you just need to tap and hold the app-switching button on the screen.

If you still have trouble accessing the menu then let us know and we can look into it and add any non-standard methods in this post.[/b]

On an LG G4 hold the left and right soft buttons together and the menu appears.

Cheers
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Nexus 5 on Android 5.1.1, the menu button appears on screen in either orientation:

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
wearytraveller
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:04 am    Post subject: OnePlus Two Reply with quote

On the OnePlus Two this method does not work. It appears to work in some other apps such as Chrome browser but does not work in CamerAlert.

I see in other threads that a fix is in the pipeline - it would be great if you could give some indication of the ETA.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure on ETA - I'll check
wearytraveller
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a while - any chance of that fix being rolled out soon, or at least an ETA?
redsafety
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject: Any update for the Oneplus two missing control Reply with quote

Hi
I have just purchased a Oneplus two A2003 Android phone with OS version 5.1.1 using oxygen version 2.1.2 and have found that I can't set up due to the missing control. When would you be able to issue a fix for this?

Update, now fixed by:-
Go to settings .....Buttons ... turn on "on-screen navigation bar" then exit out of set-up screen. Note,control will still be missing, however once you have opened the camera Alert App you will see the 3 dot button displayed.
keithfletcher
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Missing Menu Button? Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:

If you still have trouble accessing the menu then let us know and we can look into it and add any non-standard methods in this post.

I have an LG G3 and can't find the menu button either!javascript:emoticon('Crying or Very sad') any advice on how to access it?

Just read another link and I have found it!! Square button on bottom of page, which normally shows past pages, turn on app, press and settings, manage cameras , and exit appears.
Taken about two hours but done it.
CAA_1223011136
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Missing Menu Button? Reply with quote

alistairwat50n wrote:
MaFt wrote:

If you still have trouble accessing the menu then let us know and we can look into it and add any non-standard methods in this post.[/b]

On an LG G4 hold the left and right soft buttons together and the menu appears.

Cheers

On a Samsung S5 just tap and hold the button on the left at the bottom of the screen till the menu comes up.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JockTamsonsBairn wrote:
On the Nexus 5 on Android 5.1.1, the menu button appears on screen in either orientation:

HTC ONE m9 is the same, far easier
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
munchieman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, i have just changed my android phone to a Umi emax Mini running Android 5.0.2 (yes, it's a not well known brand but i'm trying it for the dual sim functions) and have the same issue - cant locate the menu to be able to get my cameralert subscription on the new phone.

I've tried the tips in this thread, long press buttons etc but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Thanks
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the latest version of the CA Android App:
Quote:
WHAT'S NEW

Setup menu is now available by tapping the PocketGPSWorld.com logo at the top right of the screen.
Does that not work on your phone?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
munchieman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JockTamsonsBairn wrote:
For the latest version of the CA Android App:
Quote:
WHAT'S NEW

Setup menu is now available by tapping the PocketGPSWorld.com logo at the top right of the screen.
Does that not work on your phone?

I'm sure I'd tried that previously but it just seemed to freeze up the app. However, I've now uninstalled the app, reset the phone and reinstalled the app and it works fine in getting to the menu. I've also inserted a brand new sd card (not sure that had any bearing) but it's all good now.

Many thanks for the help.
lthomasrx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Any update for the Oneplus two missing control Reply with quote

redsafety wrote:
Hi
I have just purchased a Oneplus two A2003 Android phone with OS version 5.1.1 using oxygen version 2.1.2 and have found that I can't set up due to the missing control. When would you be able to issue a fix for this?

Update, now fixed by:-
Go to settings .....Buttons ... turn on "on-screen navigation bar" then exit out of set-up screen. Note,control will still be missing, however once you have opened the camera Alert App you will see the 3 dot button displayed.

Problem with this is that the "fix" is NOT a fix. It is a settings change that affects all apps. I have not set my OP2 that way because in other apps I want to use the full screen estate available to me without wasting space by duplicating functionality. Those other apps still provide the menu functionality by coding a virtual menu button (3 dot) within their screen.
The same section of code will be executed whether it is activated by a hardware button, system software emulated button or by selecting an onscreen button within the app. This is relatively easy for the app developer to set up and release in an update.

Have just noticed the comment above. Yes the option to use the pocketGPS logo does provide the menu. Don't remember seeing anything about this in a newsletter and using the standard three dots or bars for a "menu" button would have made the change obvious.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Initial post updated to add:

UPDATE
If you don't have a menu button then you can now tap on the satellite logo (top right) and this will bring up the menu etc.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: