Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 3.03
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 3.03

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buzz1480
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:28 am    Post subject: TomTom 3.03 Reply with quote

First post so maybe slightly dumb. Tried upgrade to 3.03 but on starting Navigator get error message saying 'load valid TomTom3 map' - All works ok on 3.01, but can't get Navigator to find the maps.

Any hints to progress or should I stay with 3.01?

Mark

iPAQ 3970; Fortuna Clip-on; WM2003; 256Mb SD Card; 512Mb CF card in jacket (with all TT3 program / maps)
tom9851
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if my own experience is relevant to yours but I had a lot of problems updating from 3.01 to 3.03 - this ranged from the problem you refer to plus a very slow system to even "About" telling me I was using 3.03 where in reality I was still running with 3.01!! I tried to load 3.03 over 3.01 several times but always with problems so I decided to wipe my SD card (formatted it) and do a hard reset to the 2210. I did a complete new install of 3.01 then loaded 3.03 and now everything is sweet - no further problems whatsoever! A bit drastic I know but that was the only way I was sure of getting a "clean" set-up.

Tom

IPAQ2210/ROM-1.10/LEXAR 32X 256MB SD/Kingston ElitePro 1GB CF
TTN3-V3.03/Wired GPS-V3.03/Globalsat BT-338
novaya_zemla
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I suggest that your maps are of the 'slightly dodgy' variety! Are you using a crack to get round the activation screen or are you using a certain renamed wav file to activate your maps? If so you have been rumbled old boy! reset the whole lot and start again sticking to your (dodgy) version that worked. Embarassed

If on the other hand you have the original product then install it as per the on screen instructions and activate the maps correctly. without using any shortcuts (activation is a real pain....)

Hope this helps. 8)
buzz1480
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have formatted both the SD and CF cards, carried out a hard reset and a new install and voila! ...

Thumbs Up
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

novaya_zemla wrote:
Can I suggest that your maps are of the 'slightly dodgy' variety! Are you using a crack to get round the activation screen or are you using a certain renamed wav file to activate your maps? If so you have been rumbled old boy! reset the whole lot and start again sticking to your (dodgy) version that worked. Embarassed

Whilst those users who are using the pirated versions will come to a sticky end when they try to update (and serves them right) there have been a number of users with licenced copies reporting this issue. The only answer seems to be a Hard Reset and fresh re-install. A good opportunity to format the storage cards to FAT32 at the same time.

It appears that the upgrade to 3.03 in some rare instances causes this unrecoverable issue Sad
SteveW
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:

Whilst those users who are using the pirated versions will come to a sticky end when they try to update (and serves them right) there have been a number of users with licenced copies reporting this issue. The only answer seems to be a Hard Reset and fresh re-install. A good opportunity to format the storage cards to FAT32 at the same time.

Ok, my CF and SD cards are formatted to just FAT, I asked this question some time ago and was told not to format them to FAT32, as I would have issues??

Steve
novaya_zemla
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies Buzz 1480 if my comments seemed (as they do in retrospect) a little harsh!!

Glad to hear all is now well.....8)
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveW wrote:
Ok, my CF and SD cards are formatted to just FAT, I asked this question some time ago and was told not to format them to FAT32, as I would have issues??

Steve

Unless you have problems then leave as is, but if you do ever need to re-format, my experience suggests that with SD cards at least, they are much happier formatted FAT32.
NikosF
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you recommend a good util to use to format the SD card to FAT32?

Thanks,
Nick
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed I can, Softwinter's Storage Tools is the utility of choice, it'll scan, verify, repair, defrag and format any storage card. And it's not only free, it's available in our download library, click here to download Thumbs Up

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: