Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - What sat nav to buy please.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

What sat nav to buy please.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sut
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: What sat nav to buy please. Reply with quote

hi guys

i am looking for a little help if you dont mind please,
i have just started a delivery job and the company van has a inbuilt sat nav system that seems to work ok.

my issue is though that it does not have traffic management ( if thats the correct term )
i am looking to buy a cheap sat nav that i can run in conjunction with the works sat nav but use as the primary sat nav when it detects traffic issues so it will auto reroute me around traffic jams or slow moving traffic.

can anyone recommend a good cheap system please. I am happy with a second hand system if it brings the price down.

thank you
ant
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ant,

What sort of deliveries are you making, i.e. do you have a lot of regular (weekly) drops or do you deliver once only to each address?

How are you navigating at the moment, i.e. do you use a set of POIs for your regular drops and are post codes good enough for you to find the address otherwise?

If you do regular drops then using a set of POIs might be more accurate.

Do you have an Android or iPhone? If you do you could use the TomTom APP which would work - the iOS (and I think also the Android) version can even take third party POIs with a little work (not jailbreaking). You can use the traffic system which is normally very good. You could also install the CamerAlert app for the PGPSW speed camera database.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: