Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Using the 3450 with an Ipaq 3660
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Using the 3450 with an Ipaq 3660

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MickH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:42 am    Post subject: Using the 3450 with an Ipaq 3660 Reply with quote

Hi,

I am currently using a 3660 (64M RAM) with a Navman 3400 set-up. I get the occaisional problem regarding long location fix times (varying between 1 and 6 minutes) but in general it works OK.

Depending on who I speak to at Navman (UK), I get different opinions regarding compatabililty with their software and the 3660. Some say it is not officially supported while others say it should work without any problems as it has the same H/W spec as the 3800 series.

I am thinking of upgrading to a Navman 3450 and would be grateful if any of you kind people have any experience with this combination that you would share with me.

Rgds,
Mick.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navman don't like to say they suppor the 36xx range primarily because it's an older operating system, and also they did have memory issues with 32mb 3630's.

The iPAQ won't make any difference to the speed of the fix, and the 3450 does have much better technology in the sleeve to combat RF processor interference, so you should find the 3450 will work better (but we haven't tried it on a 3660 though.
smith934
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:59 pm    Post subject: Using the 3450 with an Ipaq 3660 Reply with quote

Don't know if it is of any assistance, but Navman (US) says that the 3450 is compatible with the 3600 series iPaq. This was communicated to me during a phonecon with tech support.
MickH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments. I'll give the 3450 a go.
If I get any problems I'll upgrade my Ipaq.
There are some good deals on 3970 units at the moment.

Cheers.
pann
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MikH,

Did it work out with the HP3660 and Navman 3450 combination or did you have to invest in a new pocketpc?

Anyone else having any experience of the above combination?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navman's SmartST WILL work with a 3660, it is problematic on a 3630 and 3830 (only 32MB RAM) but find on all other models that have 64MB.
MickH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was never able to update my 3660/3450 set-up to use the V1.91 of Smat ST Pro as the update process would always die due to some 'imcompatibility'.

Navman were never able to explain why this was happening so I upgraded to a 3970 Ipaq. I managed to upgrade to V1.91 but still experienced odd glitches with lost fixes and the software occaisionally crashing.

I thought of upgrading to Navman V2 but due to the mad asking price and forum comments regarding the state of the TeleAtlas maps I dumped the Navman software and am now using Mapopolis. What a revelation! It's stable, fast, offers lots of extra features and has a UI that allows the user to be in control - although is not as 'pretty' as the Navman UI. The customer support is responsive and knowledgable. It hasn't crashed once since I've been using it.

Try out the demo version. It's free for 2 weeks.
Akash
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

been using it on a 3660 for a few months , no probs
then went onto a 3760, no differrence found
now 3970 and soon 5550

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: