Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Cant unlock product code after re installing Map
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Cant unlock product code after re installing Map

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cezzyhj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Cant unlock product code after re installing Map Reply with quote

My computer crashed and I have had to re install City Navigator Europe NT2011. I am unable to unlock the map due to an error message that the product key has been consumed. I have a Street Pilot 2610 which I purchased a very long time ago and works very well for me. My map was purchased from Garmin and is a genuine copy. Is there anywhere on the Garmin support page that will assist me to re install / request new product key or would I be better off emailing them with my request.

I am a new member so I hope my email regarding my product key is an acceptable post and doesn't fall foul of the moderators.
walkerx
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could try logging into your account and see what options you have for re-downloading the map.

You could also log a support ticket with them
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get new unlock codes for your device:

1) Log into your myGarmin account.
2) Click on the myMaps tab.
3) Find your GPS in the list and click on the details link to the right of the image of your device.
4) Find and copy the Product Key for your map product.
5) Connect your GPS to the computer.
6) At the top right of the page there's a "Unlock On the Road/Trail Maps" link. Click on that. You'll be taken to a "Unlock Maps" page.
7) Scroll to the bottom of that page. You'll see a section with the Unit ID field filled in.
8) Enter the "Product Key/Coupon Code" (from 4)) and then click the "Retrieve Unlocks" button.

That will (re)create the GMA and UNL files on your device.
Kritou
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK an SP2610 never has and never will run NT (New Technology) mapping - City Navigator Europe 2009 is the latest/last for your machine
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Cant unlock product code after re installing Map Reply with quote

cezzyhj wrote:
{snip}re install City Navigator Europe NT2011. {snip}I have a Street Pilot 2610 which I purchased a very long time ago and works very well for me.
Does this not imply that the OP had something working, but it now no longer works?
Kritou
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OP's post could also read that he had the NT mapping running on another more modern GPS and would now like to install it on the SP2610
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Kritou
Yes, I agree, but I was hoping that the OP would come back and clarify exactly what he meant.
Quote:
My computer crashed and I have had to re install City Navigator Europe NT2011. I am unable to unlock the map due to an error message that the product key has been consumed.
Implies to me that he is trying to re install something on the same computer on which it was installed before the crash, and when trying to register the product, it came up with the error. Presumably he has registered it before (possibly on the same computer) and their registration process only allows for one registration?
Not sure about the other device implications though.

@ cezzyhj. There is no problem with your post as it seems that you have already purchased the software licence and everything is legal and above board. It is only discussions about pirate software/maps that is severely frowned upon here.
Have you tried what sussamb suggested above? If so, any problems or successes to report?
cezzyhj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Many thanks for your suggestions Reply with quote

Just to clarify the situation I am running Win7 and the Garmin City Navigator 2011 is installed on street pilot 2610 and running ok. When my computer crashed I re installed Win 7 followed by the Garmin 2011 when it came to validating it on the PC the problems started. I normally have the software running on both so that I am able to set up routes on PC and transfer to Garmin. I have tried the suggestion made by sassamb and get the message unable to save the unlock code to your PC. I also tried emailing Garmin on Monday but no reply as yet. Also tried telephoning customer support but got stuck on hold waiting for reply for a very long time. I am hoping that members of the forum some of whom have already replied with suggestions may be able to help.
Thanks cezzyhj
cezzyhj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read the replies again. Possibly off the original topic, but is it possible that although I had the 2011 mapping software installed on my PC I was transferring the routes to the Garmin which is running older maps. Any way to tell what age maps are on the unit.
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm now a bit confused. The detail I gave you about unlock codes was for the map on your device. It won't unlock maps on your PC. What are you trying to unlock? What program are you using on your PC to read the maps?
cezzyhj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry if I confused you sassamb. My device is working ok I am trying to put the City Navigator software back on to my PC.
Kritou
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to run up to date routable mapping on your SP2610 why not use the free OpenStreetMap (OSM) It is easy to find and install and needs no unlock codes to download it to Mapsource and on to your GPS

I happily use it on my Quest all over Europe
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cezzyhj wrote:
sorry if I confused you sassamb. My device is working ok I am trying to put the City Navigator software back on to my PC.

Using which mapping program?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: