Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - satmap software upgrade
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

satmap software upgrade
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sowerby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:39 pm    Post subject: satmap software upgrade Reply with quote

SatSYNC is now offering me a software upgrade for my Satmap - taking it from 1.5.7683.0 to 1.5.9193.

Has anyone accepted this upgrade? What changes are there?

The only software news I can find on Satmap website is dated and about an upgrade to SatSYNC.
ChrisJakarta
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: satmap software upgrade Reply with quote

sowerby wrote:
SatSYNC is now offering me a software upgrade for my Satmap - taking it from 1.5.7683.0 to 1.5.9193.

The only software news I can find on Satmap website is dated and about an upgrade to SatSYNC.

Try Version History

But, no, I haven't upgraded yet. I'll let the pioneers get the arrows in their backs first Confused

Chris
SmellyBoots
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upgraded with no problems....back arrow free.
LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been on 1.5.9193 for a while now and it seems good.
Satsync 1.525
davidor
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: satmap software upgrade Reply with quote

sowerby wrote:

It seems to have completely crashed mine. After being told update had been applied successfully it told me to disconnect my A10 which I have done. However the device has locked up with only the cursor arrow showing so I can't get to the hibernate menu options the updater is telling me to go to.

Tried a battery disconnect reboot after waiting about half an hour. Device boots up as normal, but then when it should go to the maps it locks up again.

Tried rebooting both without and without the sd card. I suspect it might be something to do with the hivbernate settings as the updater program tells you to ". Ensure that the Hibernate Timeout is off IF it is available on your unit: go the Main Menu, ". Perhaps it should tell you to do this before it runs the updater.

So be warned, I now have a useless A10. Let's see if Satmap's Customer Service is still up to scratch.
lucevans
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidor: you aren't using a Mac are you? I've had no luck upgrading the firmware in my Active10 using Satsync for Mac, and have experienced the same lock up you have whenever I try; thankfully, I have an SD card with an old version of firmware that I can restore from, then go to an ancient Windows XP laptop with Satsync on it to install the latest version of A10 firmware.
davidor
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucevans wrote:
davidor: you aren't using a Mac are you? I've had no luck upgrading the firmware in my Active10 using Satsync for Mac, and have experienced the same lock up you have whenever I try; thankfully, I have an SD card with an old version of firmware that I can restore from, then go to an ancient Windows XP laptop with Satsync on it to install the latest version of A10 firmware.

Nope! Standard PC with WIN7.

It specifically told me to remove the SD card before starting the upgrade as well. Didn't know you could restore an old version of firmware from an SD card.
stevesimler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the only upgrade on the new software appears to be with hibination time options when closing down. There have been issues with hibination before. If it is possible (not sure on this one) try to see if you can reset to factory default. I thought there was an option on the setting button.
Bosun
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The update has also "bricked" my Active 10.

After doing the upgrade SatSync said it had been unable to download some files from the internet.

When I tried to do it again it said no update was available.

The unit will switch on but won't switch off via the screen and so i have to remove the battery.

An e-mail to Satmap is on its way.

Ian
davidor
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed Satmap yesterday and did get a response this morning, but they are being rather slow at responding so I wonder if Bosun and I are not alone?

There response has been to ask me to send it in as detailed on Xpedition for a general repair, but no indication of refund of postage or whether they will try and charge for the repair. They say their current turnaround time for repairs is about 2 weeks which is a bit much for something I use at least weekly. I followed the upgrade instructions exactly and didn't do anything until it said that the upgrade was completed so I don't think it was my fault!

Interestingly, although the A10 is frozen and completely unresponsive, Satsync has connected and I have been able to download a route, so possibly using the Satsync option to reinstall software might work. I'm waiting for Satmap's response to this, as I am not going to do anything without their agreement.
davidor
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, Satmap have been back to me and agreed to try the reinstall software option in Satsync, after which to remove battery, refit and restart. Rather disappointingly, they confirmed they would expect me to pay for return postage and the repair cost, which I find very disappointing having always been impressed with Satmap's service over the six years I have owned an A10.

Anyway, ran the reinstall and the A10 has restarted apparently normally and confirmed it has the latest version. The upgrade program however still told me to go into "Advanced Power Options" and set the Hibernate Timeout Value to zero. However there is not Hibernate Timeout Value option! It seems this has been moved to when you power off.

I suspect this instruction should have been given BEFORE the upgrade started and that the lockup is related to the changed Hibernate function.

Bosun: Can you still connect with Satsync? If so it might be worth trying the reinstall software option under the Help tab. It still installed the software on mine, even though it knew it was the same version.
Bosun
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Satmap suggested the Help method of reinstalling the software and it appears to have worked fortunately.

Ian
davidor
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bosun wrote:
Satmap suggested the Help method of reinstalling the software and it appears to have worked fortunately.

Ian

That's good news. Probably a result of my emails that you didn't get told to send it back for repair!
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having a nightmare updating.

Whenever I try to check for update or reinstall Active 10 software via satsync the progress bar on my PC gets stuck two thirds of the way across, necessitating killing the task.

Killing the task puts the Active 10 into "Recovery Mode" and requests a valid software SD card. Fortunately, I have one for version 1.4, that I kept just in case of such a situation.

I have cycled through this process several times now, turning off hibernation before trying to update again. Each time the upgrade gets stuck.

I googled "satmap software" which took me to the beta site. I downloaded and ran this. All seems ok but the installation seemed too quick. When I restart, I get the same card request.

Does anyone have any suggestions, before I try to speak to Satmap on Monday? Advice from Satmat seems from reports above to be variable.

I don't want to be stuck at version 1.4!
SmellyBoots
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4ndynorfolk wrote:
I googled "satmap software" which took me to the beta site. I downloaded and ran this.

I'm not sure what beta site you were on and what software you downloaded. Want to post a link so we can all see?

Maybe the other problem is that you now need to use the platform upgrade card. More info here:

http://www.satmap.com/software-info.php

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: