Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin launches HD Dash Cam
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin launches HD Dash Cam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Garmin launches HD Dash Cam Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.com
Garmin are busy with announcements today, the latest being the unveiling of their first entry into the dash camera market.

Their high-definition Dash Cam mounts to your vehicle windscreen and is able to continuously record a wide angle view of the road ahead. An integrated G-sensor saves a video file when it detects an incident such as a collision or heavy braking and a GPS receiver overlays date and time as well as location.

Dash Cam supports 1080p, 720p and WVGA and records video files in a continuous loop to microSD card. A built-in 2.3 inch colour display makes it easy to review video.

Two models will be available, the basic Dash Cam 10 (without GPS) at $219.99 and the Dash Cam 20 (with GPS) at $249.99. Availability is expected in February and UK pricing has not yet be announced.

Source: Garmin.com

email icon

peak1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: UK pricing now announced Reply with quote

Garmin have now announced UK pricing:

Quote:
Garmin Dash Cam 10 (without GPS) has a suggested retail price of £169.99 and Dash Cam 20 (with GPS) has a suggested retail price of £199.99 Both cameras are expected to become available in February 2014.

http://garmin.blogs.com/ukpr/2014/01/garmin-launches-high-definition-dash-cam-with-automatic-incident-detection.html
TieJustice
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Wow 199? Reply with quote

There are more and more dash cams comeing out and looking at the garmin web page, that has very little info it, looks a little less bang for your bucks than most of the one's that are out now, no Bluetooth or linking to smart phone, would like to know? Has it got parking mode?

Like the police officer told me if every one had them fitted to there cars it would make there's and insurance company's life a lot more easy and even cheaper insurance?

When I had my rear end hit and run the police had found the car owner and charged them for it and my insurance company were very happy and had sorted every thing out for me all by the next day after they seen the file.

Just remember you need 2 very good cameras that can read a license plat when the car is moving and there are not that many that can do that, also I would have parking mode with battery safe,

I payed £500 for my set up saved that on just 1 hit and run thanks to blackvue,
MichaelEvans
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the Blackvue model that you have? My Roadhawk was a total waste of money. Will only read number plates of cars immediately in front when stationary. It cost me £275 and I've bought two basic models for £25 or not much more with picture quality just as good [or bad, depending on how you look at it]. The perfect number plate reader still eludes me. Thanks.
Holdfast
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Roadhawk still appears to be the leader of the pack Reply with quote

I think they are just dipping their toe into the market with this one, for me the RoadhawkHD has it all. With regards to number plate reading i find that the voice recording covers that problem.

MichaelEvans
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the voice recording during one incident. Couldn't make out what I was saying above the ambient noise, and I did read out the plate loudly and clearly. And it doesn't help if you don't get chance to see the number plate in the first place.
TieJustice
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MichaelEvans wrote:
What's the Blackvue model that you have? My Roadhawk was a total waste of money. Will only read number plates of cars immediately in front when stationary. It cost me £275 and I've bought two basic models for £25 or not much more with picture quality just as good [or bad, depending on how you look at it]. The perfect number plate reader still eludes me. Thanks.

I have 2x DR400HD still working fine I was going to upgrade them to the 500s but the quality is not as good at night or at the time I last looked there was problems with quality,

I had a old Roadhawk wast of time now days with the latest dash cams.
SignumGPS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it this has spilled over from Russia. Are they best mounted at the top or the bottom of the windscreen?

How are they powered....it says 'high power cable' does this mean straight into cigarette lighter? I find multi adapters a tad unsightly Sad
Europe V850.2784
JimmyTheHand
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be interesting to see a review on/similar to techmoan
mikero
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recently bought the Mini 0801 Full HD Dash Cam. It too has been reviewed by Techmoan on YouTube and it is given the thumbs up!
Cost from Amazon is only £67.00 for the GPS model and about £59.00 for the standard model. There are other versions available with built in flash memory but I purchased a Samsung 32GB Class 6 Micro SD card for mine as this is recommended in the review.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: