Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CamAlert for iOS7 now working on iPhone 4 but not on iPad 3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CamAlert for iOS7 now working on iPhone 4 but not on iPad 3
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimmyR
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: CamAlert for iOS7 now working on iPhone 4 but not on iPad 3 Reply with quote

Thank you for your great efforts in coming up with a version of CamAlert for iOS 7. It works on my iPhone 4 but just after 'optimising the database' on the iPad, CamAlert closes and when I try it again the new database hasn't been installed and when I try again, exactly the same thing happens. Is there an easy solution? I've tried restarting my iPad but it's no different.

Thank you.

Regards

JimmyR
JimmyR
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Apologies but I cannot edit the above post Reply with quote

I meant CamerAlert not CamAlert! Embarassed
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried deleting the app and then redownloading it?
avdl1999
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

It's not working on my Iphone 4s.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

When I try to sign in to link the device for database update it says "ios7 not supported etc etc"

ttrevor. How did you get it to work on your Iphone 4? Was your device already linked? I'm thinking is it this point it's failing on for me.

Any admin/developers got any ideas?

TBH. Apart from this topic I cannot see anything 'official' thats says is fully functional now for IOS7.

I've read MaFt's comments regarding a beta test on the current app and i'm assuming we're still at the stage?

Thanks

Andy
avdl1999
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops!

Not ttrevor. I meant jimmyR.

I got topics mixed up!

Sorry
wombat1953
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: New cameralert not working on ipad2 Reply with quote

Same problem here
Works on my iPhone 4S, but fails to update database on ipad
Deleted and reinstalled, did not work for me
Sad
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

avdl1999- the ios7 version has now been released. See the apple App Store. I updated to new CA 1.4.0 app and then to IOS 7.0.2 with no problems this morning on an IPhone 4S

My device was already linked but I had to relink/log in again with the new app.
avdl1999
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul

Thank you for the clarification and instructions!

I'm up and running now. I'm using this app in conjunction with Nav Free.

What I would say is that the Apple store doesn't make it obvious an update is available.

Thanks again! I really appreciate your efforts and all who work at PGPSW.

Cheers.

Andy
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: CamAlert for iOS7 now working on iPhone 4 but not on iPa Reply with quote

JimmyR wrote:
Thank you for your great efforts in coming up with a version of CamAlert for iOS 7. It works on my iPhone 4 but just after 'optimising the database' on the iPad, CamAlert closes and when I try it again the new database hasn't been installed and when I try again, exactly the same thing happens. Is there an easy solution? I've tried restarting my iPad but it's no different.

This is a bug we're aware of. We are already looking into it - it only affects the Pad 3. The iPad 2 and iPad Mini are not affected.

MaFt
Erasmus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: CamAlert for iOS7 now working on iPhone 4 but not on iPa Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
JimmyR wrote:

This is a bug we're aware of. We are already looking into it - it only affects the Pad 3. The iPad 2 and iPad Mini are not affected.

MaFt

Hi, just updated on my iPad Mini and get the same problem as JimmyR. Relinked my account, downloaded database and after optimising the database CamerAlert closes. When I go back in it gives me the option of Discarding Data or Retrying Import, have tried both with the same result of CamerAlert closing after optimising.

Mark S.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd. It works fine on Darren's iPad Mini...
wombat1953
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: MaFt Reply with quote

This update does not work on my ipad2 either.
Same failure after updating database, app crashes out. On starting up prompted to clear or redownload.
Steve
Erasmus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been playing around with it and managed to get it to work, sort of:

Deleted CamerAlert from my iPad Mini then re-installed from the App Store.
On first loading I got the "take care..." warning so went to Manage Cameras, restored my account and then downloaded the database, this time it worked OK.

Exited and then reloaded, no warning about the database, checked the db version and it is the current one so all seems to be OK.

As a test I then tried re-downloading the db and had the same problem with it closing after optimising. This time though I don't get a warning about clearing or re-importing when I go back in and the db is still the current version and seems to be working OK.

Mark S.
JimmyR
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: CamAlert for iOS7 now working on iPhone 4 but not on iPa Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
This is a bug we're aware of. We are already looking into it - it only affects the Pad 3. The iPad 2 and iPad Mini are not affected.MaFt

I'm relieved that it's not just me and that it's a specific anomaly with the iPad3/CamerAlert with iOS7. I've tried deleting the app and reinstalling it as well as turning off the iPad etc too but nothing seems to make any difference. I think I've tried all the possible permutations now. Looking forward to a bug fix.

Thank you.

Regards

JimmyR
JimmyR
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Yes, I did have to relink Reply with quote

PS I did have to relink my subscriptions on both the iPad 3 and the iPhone 4.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: