Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - LANDROVER FREELANDER 2 NAVTEQ SATNAV (SPEED CAM POI'S)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

LANDROVER FREELANDER 2 NAVTEQ SATNAV (SPEED CAM POI'S)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragon01
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: LANDROVER FREELANDER 2 NAVTEQ SATNAV (SPEED CAM POI'S) Reply with quote

I would like to know if its possible to download the 'Camera Database' as additional POI's on the Landrover Freelander 2 (2013 Model) I understand from the manual thats it's possible to download additional Poi's by connecting a USB device to the vehicle . It states that the POI's must be in GPX Format. Any information on this would be very much appreciated.
unciepaul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dragon01, PM sent, you can do this quite easily.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unciepaul wrote:
Hi Dragon01, PM sent, you can do this quite easily.
Perhaps you can explain how here for the benefit of others Very Happy
Wdowen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: 'Camera Database' as POI's onto a Landrover Freelander 2 Reply with quote

Can someone please advise me? How do I download the 'Camera Database' as additional POI's onto a Landrover Freelander 2 (2013 Model) factory fitted navigation system. The vehicle manual states thats it's possible to download additional Poi's by connecting a USB device to the vehicle . It also states that the POI's must be in GPX Format. i've tried 3 different software versions suggested for a Land Rover Freelander 2 from the PocketGPSWorld.com site - but they don't work. Level of support and response from PocketGPSWorld.com is very poor! Any information from forum members on this would be very much appreciated.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 'Camera Database' as POI's onto a Landrover Freelander 2 Reply with quote

Wdowen wrote:
Level of support and response from PocketGPSWorld.com is very poor!
This is PGPSW.com and support on this forum is pretty damn good. You can't really expect the staff at PGPSW to have every type of satnav so that they can know the intimate details of them all, especially if it involves buying car to get hold of the satnav can you? Rolling Eyes
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would help us if you could state exactly what you have done so far rather than 'they don't work'.

I can see you have downloaded GPX files from our site. Then what steps did you follow to try to get them onto your SatNav?
Wdowen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Speed Camera POIs to Land Rover Freelander 2 (2013) Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
It would help us if you could state exactly what you have done so far rather than 'they don't work'.

I can see you have downloaded GPX files from our site. Then what steps did you follow to try to get them onto your SatNav?

Followed PGSW instructions and tried downlaoding GPX files via USB to vehicle - "files not recognised"
Wdowen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 'Camera Database' as POI's onto a Landrover Freelander 2 Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
Wdowen wrote:
Level of support and response from PocketGPSWorld.com is very poor!
This is PGPSW.com and support on this forum is pretty damn good. You can't really expect the staff at PGPSW to have every type of satnav so that they can know the intimate details of them all, especially if it involves buying car to get hold of the satnav can you? Rolling Eyes

Comments were about GPSW, not the forum. If GPSW sell something then it is not too much to expect that it does what they claim. If it doesn't just give a refund - not too difficult a concept!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Speed Camera POIs to Land Rover Freelander 2 (2013) Reply with quote

Wdowen wrote:
Followed PGSW instructions and tried downlaoding GPX files via USB to vehicle - "files not recognised"

Ok, thank you. And the files you downloaded, did you extract them first? They're downloaded in a .zip file. You need to 'unzip' this file to get at the contents. Can you tell me the filename of one of the files you copied to USB memstick?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the liberty of emailing unciepaul, he has replied with these instructions:

Quote:

Firstly you must have the MY13 Freelander 2 which includes the Meridian System & Garmin Sat Nav feature built in.

I understand this feature is built-in from the XS model upwards. The instructions below relate to a Freelander2 XS which I own.

The vehicle should also be fitted with a USB input point.

Download the Garmin Camera Database, choose "Garmin Other" And "single file all camera's". This is in GPX format.

Extract the zip file & Save this to a formatted USB drive (FAT32 works).

Get in the car, start the car & sat nav system.

Select Nav menu, then more, then stored locations, then My POI, Add (insert your USB now) you should see an icon or the file name - select the file you want to download.

When you select this it will begin to download that file (speed cams fixed), then it will return for you to add the second file if you want (mobile).

It will show you when the download has been completed correctly for each file.

The file contains the Speed Camera icon.

Now go to Edit to add or remove settings for the file - show the icon on the sat nav map (display on or off) & select a sound to warn you (3 to chose from again, on or off)

Go back to view the map and hey presto! your icon should be visible, but don’t forget, when driving you have to turn your sat nav on everytime if you want to hear the warnings.

I think this info should help you install the speed cams on the system, any issues let me know.

unciepaul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to back-up what has already been said, the GPX file unzipped from the database downloaded from this site works. Make sure the USB is formatted FAT32 follow the steps and downloaded & running in 2 mins flat.
The system then gives you the choice to display the speed cam icon (using Edit) and or apply one of 3 alerts sounds (or not), just like a warning when approaching. The system doesn't allow for sounds to be added, well not that I have found a way yet, but it does a good job all the same.
Wdowen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unciepaul wrote:
Just to back-up what has already been said, the GPX file unzipped from the database downloaded from this site works. Make sure the USB is formatted FAT32 follow the steps and downloaded & running in 2 mins flat.
The system then gives you the choice to display the speed cam icon (using Edit) and or apply one of 3 alerts sounds (or not), just like a warning when approaching. The system doesn't allow for sounds to be added, well not that I have found a way yet, but it does a good job all the same.

Many thanks "inciepaul" - much appreciated. Let's hope somebody comes up with some better sound files - and shares them!
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wdowen wrote:
unciepaul wrote:
The system doesn't allow for sounds to be added

Let's hope somebody comes up with some better sound files - and shares them!

Confused
Samsung Galaxy S21
BrianA
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you know that gpx files can also be imported in Discovery model year 2013 and later (may be earlier also but MY13/14 I'm sure about). They need to be in gpx format. Page 168 of the MY14 handbook gives instructions.

Go 520 + Navcore 8
(was a happy PDA user until TT stopped updating the software)
GezRizzo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Speed Camera POI Downloads in Freelander 2 2013 Reply with quote

Hi. New to this site.

Can anybody help as I have tried to install the POIs as per instructions but it comes up with an error/ file corrupt message on my SATNAV each time I try.

I have followed the instructions closely but having no joy.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: