Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Latest Version - (Confirmed as staged release)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Latest Version - (Confirmed as staged release)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walkerx
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Latest Version - (Confirmed as staged release) Reply with quote

Has anyone downloaded the latest version yet?

According the reviews it's on 13.1.4 released on June 14 - yet on mine it is still reporting as 13.1.1

Anyone else getting the same

Last edited by walkerx on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iOS or Android?

I know the regional ones are delayed for iOS eg UK, France - the country-specific ones.

MaFt
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what is happening. My phone, which I had left on 12.2.2 because of reported problems with the previous upgrades, is being offered an upgrade on the Play Store to 13.1.1 dated 14 June 2013.

My tablet is reporting it is running 13.1.1 and is not being offered the upgrade on the Play Store. Yet I know that I have not updated it in the last week or so, and I do not have automatic upgrade running.

I suspect the latest upgrade version has got the same version number as the previous one! Probably a mistake on Sygic's part.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
walkerx
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had been testing 13.1.3 which has the new traffic and got an email from Sygic saying they were releasing 13.1.4 so went back went back to release version and noticed that on google play store it shows reviews for 13.1.4, but I never got asked to update, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and still reporting 13.1.1

Also noticed had some issues with logging into the account this morning and they have recently updated their website as well
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is new about the traffic and is it any good please? I have never subscribed for it because I understand that is is not used when calculating routes. Is that still the case?
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
walkerx
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the traffic is good and it does use it when calculating routes - you have 3 routes to choose from when selecting destination and this has been in since v12 when i first subscribed.

Many time's I've ignored the traffic information and the route it giving me, and go my usual way to find out I'm stuck in a 30 minute stationary traffic Sad

the only thing I didn't like on the beta with new traffic was that when you clicked on it, you got the screen display showing all traffic in vicinity but when returned to main screen this will have switched to 2D instead of staying at 3D.

They say they have fixed some phone issues with 13.1.4 so this is why I'm interested in getting this sorted.

Overall the traffic subs for £12 a year (for UK) is good, especially as if you get the tomtom app, you paying like £40 a year for the same features.

update regarding release: Sygic have advised this is a staged release so not everyone can update at the same time
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Download issues Reply with quote

The problem I have , is that I know I will have problems downloading the latest map etc.
Sure enough, here we go again, stop..start..back to the beginning...stop...start...downloaded half, stops...starts again...so frustrating which is why I use CP8 as well.
And I have a fast wi fi connection to my HTC One. I guess I will have to totally reinstall from scratch and of course, go through all the settings once again.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Download issues Reply with quote

FrequentFlyer wrote:
and of course, go through all the settings once again.
There is a settings file that you can save and overwrite the new one wit to keep your settings. I can't remember what it's called, but they tell you on their website. Be aware that the latest release has a bug in their speedcams. They display as blue or white squares which overlay the PGPSW cams and you can't switch them off. They are aware of these bugs.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: