Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PoiEdit only saves as .itn file
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PoiEdit only saves as .itn file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GilGalceran
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: PoiEdit only saves as .itn file Reply with quote

After restoring mapsettings.cfg with Genie Backup Manager I opened it in PoiEdit but saving as an ov2 file named _Favs returns: Extension ".ov2" of filename does not match file type.
I can save it as a .itn type but where would I put it in TomTom?
GilGalceran
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put the .itn files in the itn folder. They now appear in Recent Destinations. They may have been there all the time. Can they be transferred to my _Favs folder?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on what TomTom model you have..... you don't say.

There is no "Favs folder" on any Tomtom.

Older models (the so-called NAV2 models) save favourites (along with a lot of other stuff) in MapSettings.cfg. I don't know of any utility program that can WRITE a MapSettings.cfg file.

Newer NAV3 models save your favourites as a standard .ov2 file called "Favorites.ov2".

We could try to work out why you couldn't save as an ov2 from POIEdit. You should be able to, I do it all the time.
GilGalceran
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Solved the PoiEdit issue switched the tabs under the map window to show Map Point and Google Maps and was able to save as Binary .ov2. Had deleted duplicate entries and scrolled down 5 blank rows to find 3 rows with just Coordinates and one row named Flags, deleted these.

Copied the _Favs.ov2 file to the UK and Ireland folder. Noted a _Favs.bmp file 3 years old. Navigated to the device – Navigate – Point of Interest – POI near Home – Favs. All the POI entries were showing.

Interesting UserFlag also shows as a POI entry. Also in help folder content is Countries Australia to USA all .gif files

Away from my House and unable to get it to display a route. Location deep in the Welsh valley

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: