Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Fixing TomTom iPhone holder Bluetooth
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Fixing TomTom iPhone holder Bluetooth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickb23
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Fixing TomTom iPhone holder Bluetooth Reply with quote

Hi guys,
Just picked up on ebay a tomtom iphone holder for my 4s, and when it came, it wouldnt charge my iPhone and bluetooth would not show up. It did also come with the additional iphone 4 compatibility addition, so it should have worked out the box. I managed to take it apart with a torx set, and noticed the bit that the iphone slotted into had broken. The 2 arms that allowed the connector to move had broken off. After a bit of Magyver magic, I was able to put a part of a needle through where it pivoted, and low and behold charging worked!! Unfortunatley the bluetooth is still not working, so I was wondering if anyone here has any advice on what bit needs to be looked at inside..

All of this probably makes no sense unless you have one, but there might be someone else out there who has taken one apart and had the same issue as me ;-)

Thanks

Nick
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not seen one of these, but...

(a) why didn't you send it back?

(b) What is the bluetooth supposed to do? What does it connect to? What are you doing with it?

Any link so we can see what it looks like?
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps
nickb23
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey sgould,

A) It cost me a tenner, and even without the bluetooth working, it is a great iphone holder and still a bit of a bargain

B) it connects to the much better built in sirf3 gps chip in the holder. Also allows the voice to go over the built in speaker.

A bit strange, but in your list of stuff you have, it says you have a 3gs with tt holder. This I believe is the same one..... Isnt it?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B002P3KIPC/ref=mw_dp_mdsc?dsc=1

Nick
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like the one I have, but the 3GS needs it. The iPhone4 and upwards have already got a better set of GPS chips and doesn't usually need the boost of the GPS holder. And I think that the iPhone4 needs some packing around it to get it to fit.

My wife has an iPhone5 and the Tomtom navigation and that seems to work, even when that is buried in her handbag behind the front seat.

I find that if I run the 3GS in that holder for Tomtom as well as (say) CameraAlert, the power feed struggles to keep up with the discharge and I can end up with a flat phone battery after a couple of hours, even though plugged into the cigarette lighter.
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: