Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman ICN520
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman ICN520

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bazzamer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Navman ICN520 Reply with quote

Hi All, New to this so please go easy with me. Have several satnavs, but could not find my icn520, finally found it, battery had gone so ordered a new battery fitted it and all works ok. Problem is it won't charge, checked charger on another unit and works fine, the charging light on the navman does not come on. I have made enquires and they say it will be over 40 pounds to repair. Has anybody got any idea what it could be, have checked charging socket with multimeter. It's not worth repairing at that price, and the new battery needs a charge so am stuck.
Any help would be most appreciated.
Thanks
Bazzamer
Brickie64
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the battery come pre-charged in any way? You could measure the voltage of the cell to check with your meter. I'm guessing that you've got the polarity of the battery correct (not sure if it has a flying lead?).

Garmin Nuvi 3598 + GO 720 (+USA Map Card) + NavFree for iPhone in case all else fails ;-)
Bazzamer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Navman ICN520 Reply with quote

Hi, Many thanks for the reply, the battery is exactly the same as the original, it had 63% when it was put in and everything works just fine, but now it has 37% and is stating it requires charging. Thanks for the help
Bazzamer
Brickie64
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it's time to recycle the complete unit then..
I had one as my main device for a few years but I fell out of love with it after it failed to get a fix in a number of rental cars with coated windscreens. I think the GPS sensor is much more sensitive on the modern units compared to those earlier ones. Seem to remember that I had to use a magnetic roof antenna for it on some cars.

Garmin Nuvi 3598 + GO 720 (+USA Map Card) + NavFree for iPhone in case all else fails ;-)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: