Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT3 Missing places sorted.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT3 Missing places sorted.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tonymaddocks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: TT3 Missing places sorted. Reply with quote

This may be unethical to start a new thread when there is a perfectly good existing one going but you all should know and where possible use the 3.03 upgrade.

As anarchy-inc pointed out in “Sticky: Navigator 3 Places Not In Database” this patch appears to have solved the missing “Cities” in TT3’s “NavigateTo”. I have tried Bracknell, Rhyl and Scarborough and they are all there now!

Also, and it may be my imagination as I have not tested to any great extent, it appears that when you list your destination street TT now puts the street name in that town at the top of the list. (i.e Clifton Road, Llandudno) the first option is in Llandudno not Colwyn Bay some 10 miles away.

Great stuff
crazybones
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: TT3 Missing places sorted. Reply with quote

Tonymaddocks wrote:
This may be unethical to start a new thread when there is a perfectly good existing one going but you all should know and where possible use the 3.03 upgrade.

As anarchy-inc pointed out in “Sticky: Navigator 3 Places Not In Database” this patch appears to have solved the missing “Cities” in TT3’s “NavigateTo”. I have tried Bracknell, Rhyl and Scarborough and they are all there now!

Not quite!! I use my tt3 around the Bracknell, Crowthorne & Fleet areas. Even with the 3.03 upgrade, I still can't locate an address in Lower Wokingham Road, Crowthorne RG45 6.

I've tried both by post code and by town/street name. Whilst Crowthorne is listed, Lower Wokingham Road does not appear, yet is shown on the tt3 map. The post code is correct - I've just checked it on the Royal Mail site Crying or Very sad
Syt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: TT3 Missing places sorted. Reply with quote

Quote:
I still can't locate an address in Lower Wokingham Road, Crowthorne RG45 6. I've tried both by post code and by town/street name. Whilst Crowthorne is listed, Lower Wokingham Road does not appear, yet is shown on the tt3 map.

This street is located just over the border in the neighboring Wokingham area. You can find it, if you enter Wokingham or Finchamstead in the city field.
crazybones
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syt,

Thanks for the info. This is the annoying thing about tt3, we should not have to rely on local knowledge.

It should be possible to find the road via the program. The road is only 200m from Crowthorne railway station! It should certainly be listed as an option when the post code is entered.
Morris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazybones wrote:
Syt,

This is the annoying thing about tt3, we should not have to rely on local knowledge.

I agree, that is the whole idea of sat nav, that is you do not need the knowledge.

Morris

Grzzzzzz Mr. Green
Mearns
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things are certainly better with the 3.03 database, but if you don't know the post code and want to go to Stonelaw Road, Rutherglen, which is on the south-east side of Glasgow you won't find it in Glasgow, Glasgow (Glasgow City), or Rutherglen.

You also won't find it by applying a little local knowledge because you know it's on the boundary of Burnside.

However as long as you realise you should be looking under South Lanarkshire you will succeed! This is crass - with a Post Office approved address of Stonelaw Road, Rutherglen, Glasgow, why on earth can't TomTom's database reflect this?
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no inside knowledge, but I think TeleAtlas uses local government boundaries, which don't necessarily correspond with Post Office Preferred format addresses.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: