Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - start 60 question
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

start 60 question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cliffbrown
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: start 60 question Reply with quote

I am having a problem with my start 60 I have a post on but the question I have is that my start 60 came pre installed with Europe and UK&ROI seperate maps, TOM TOM say this is not possible, so has anyone else got both on, mine was purchased from Currys in January and it says on the box its a Europe model thanks in advance
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Europe and separate UK&ROI and separate Greece maps on my GO550 Live. BUT on micro SDHC card because of memory space AND because they are all different versions, bought at different times. The UK&ROI map is the most up to date and is the one which I use on a daily basis, because it runs faster than the Europe one.

You don't NEED separate maps, because UK&ROI is included in Europe, so I don't know how you got two maps on there.

Does it REALLY have two maps, or are you thinking it has because you can see Europe and UK on it? - Have you done "Switch Maps" and seen the two maps shown separately?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, further to Dennis's response. If you connect the unit to the computer, log into MyTomTom and select Manage Content, what does it show for maps???
cliffbrown
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I could switch between maps I removed the Europe map to make room for the Europe camper map which I downloaded, they both worked fine until the new V9.05 update was available thats when I have had problems, the thing is to update the UK map is a lot quicker uses less download allowance so I wanted to keep that and the camper map
cliffbrown
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it shows Europe V9.05 on SD card, Eurocamper on device and UK V9.05 on account with a install button option
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those last two posts don't seem to match?
In the first you say you removed Europe and in the second you say it is on an SD card.

Secondly, AFAIK, no TomTom models are now supplied new with an SD card installed, so where did that come from?

I can't help feeling that if it really did have Europe and UK maps on "from new" then it was not as new as Currys would like you to think it was.
cliffbrown
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Andy it was a sealed box from new both maps v9 brought it home connected to mytomtom to update and register. applied for lifetime maps as was offered with the new device, Tom Tom registered both maps for lifetime updates.
I bought it specifically to put the camper map on it, so I removed the Europe map and downloaded the camper one.
!st March v9.05 map was available so I connected to Mytom tom, it only offered the europe map as a download but in the maps section it showned the 3 maps, in my stupity I thought that if I removed the UK map before installing the v(.05 it would install better/quicker but allthough it has a button to the right to install it wouuldnt.
Itried to reinstall the europe map it then came up with not enough memory, so I purchased a 8gb microsd card, it then allowed me to reinstall the europe map onto that, the UK map is shown as ¬ON ACCOUNT¬ but I cant get in onto my device, thats when I phoned Tom Tom
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, very odd indeed.

All I can say is I've never heard of a UK map being included as well as a whole Europe map on a unit "out of the box".

Do you actually want to reinstall the UK map, or are you happy with what you've got now?

In fact, do you need the normal Europe map either, now you have the camper version?
cliffbrown
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom tom agree with you. Shouldnt have both maps they have switched the maps so the uk mapwill now download and there is an update for my camper map only 81/2 hrs to go thanks for your help

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: