Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Kenwood DNX5210BT
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Kenwood DNX5210BT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ParkerKenwood
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Kenwood DNX5210BT Reply with quote

I have recently had the above unit installed in my Car. When I first downloaded and installed the Speed Camera database file via the USB terminal I had no problems. I recently downloaded the up to date database and when I connected to my unit via the USB all went OK up to the point of saying yes to install new custom POI's. I then get an error message saying cannot read file. The file structure on the USB stick is Garmin/POI/poi.gpi (exactly as in the instructions and as I used it the first time) I have contacted Pocket GPS World but their team have not come across this problem before and have no experience of the Kenwood unit.

I recently update the software version and had no problems with that. I have tried putting the file on a CD and SD card without success.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried a forum search for"Kenwood"? There do seem to be a few issues getting these units to load correctly, and there have been plenty of previous threads about it.

One mentions file names:

Quote:
Also the structure has to be

x:\Garmin\Poi\Poi.gpi

The sentence case MAYBE relevant...

Quote:
I don't know if the file names are vital but I succeeded with Garmin/POI/Poi.gpi

...so trying all combinations of upper and lower case might be worth doing!

Last edited by Andy_P on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
ParkerKenwood
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Many thanks, I will try the 'Case' suggestions Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
Have you tried a forum search for"Kenwood"? There do seem to be a few issues getting these units to load correctly, and there have been plenty of previous threads about it.

One mentions file names:

Quote:
Also the structure has to be

x:\Garmin\Poi\Poi.gpi

The sentance case MAYBE relevant...

Quote:
I don't know if the file names are vital but I succeeded with Garmin/POI/Poi.gpi

...so trying all combinations of upper and lower case might be worth doing!
[/quote]
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice quote ParkerKenwood Very Happy Very Happy No comments??? Rolling Eyes
Sailboat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Kenwood DNX5210BT Reply with quote

ParkerKenwood wrote:
I have recently had the above unit installed in my Car. When I first downloaded and installed the Speed Camera database file via the USB terminal I had no problems. I recently downloaded the up to date database and when I connected to my unit via the USB all went OK up to the point of saying yes to install new custom POI's. I then get an error message saying cannot read file. The file structure on the USB stick is Garmin/POI/poi.gpi (exactly as in the instructions and as I used it the first time) I have contacted Pocket GPS World but their team have not come across this problem before and have no experience of the Kenwood unit.

I recently update the software version and had no problems with that. I have tried putting the file on a CD and SD card without success.

Hi
I have the same SATNAV as yourself, and I am want to download the safety camera software, I understand that you can only download via USB, please can you advise how to do this? Where do you plug in the USB? and do you need to take unit out?
Many thanks
Terry
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all... Replies to Sailboat's question in his own topic HERE, please
ronnie2455
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Kenwood DNX5210BT Reply with quote

ParkerKenwood wrote:

You can only add new POI's if you delete the originals you initially installed.

If you go into the tools screen of the satnav and find the mydata icon. Scroll down until you see delete custom POI's.

Once you have done this the unit will accept the updated POI's.
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie,

I suspect you might just have become the 'expert' for the Kenwood satnavs Very Happy
ronnie2455
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Kenwood DNX5210BT Reply with quote

Sailboat wrote:
ParkerKenwood wrote:

Hi
I have the same SATNAV as yourself, and I am want to download the safety camera software, I understand that you can only download via USB, please can you advise how to do this? Where do you plug in the USB? and do you need to take unit out?
Many thanks
Terry

On the DNX 521 OBT the USB is located at the rear of the unit.

I have an extension lead from my unit (DNX 521 DAB which is similar) to which I can connect USB devices.

If you go to the link below there is an image of the units rear.

The USB port is bottom right

http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/products/car/navigation/all_in_one/DNX5210BT

Last edited by ronnie2455 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
ronnie2455
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

253 wrote:
Ronnie,

I suspect you might just have become the 'expert' for the Kenwood satnavs Very Happy

Well I'm naturally inquisitive 253 and have recently had a similar unit installed.

Will post on here regularly with my findings or to give assistance if I can.

Ronnie

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: