Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REVIEW COMMENTS: NAVIGON TMC
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REVIEW COMMENTS: NAVIGON TMC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tetley202
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren, images just emailed. thanks
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here they are:

Any chance of some shots of the receiver?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin (tetley202) has kindly sent me some images of the TMC/BT Receiver:

In answer to your question re the gold plated connector, that's an external antenna connector for the GPS receiver Smile
tetley202
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can the GPS Module be connected to the PocketPC via a cable i.e. GPS Mouse Mode as an alternative to using the BT Transmitter?
tetley202
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Thumbs Up , page 19 of the manual extracted below states ican be cone. This explains why the power socket is more akin to a mini usb socket and the plug/harness of its split power cable is more than just a twin pin.

"Plug the connection cable of the GPS receiver to the respective socket of the adapter which connects the Pocket PC to the power supply"

The important point to remember is that you would have to purchase the adapter cable for your specific pda
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to tetley202 I've located the manufacturer GNS Gmbh.

Although they claim to be OEM's the GPS TMC Mouse they list is a Leadtek model (possibly made in co-operation with them on the TMC side but not theirs) and a cursory look reveals no information on the BT Unit.

If you have one of their GPS/TMC receivers you may be interested in the tool available from them here which allows you to turn ON/OFF the TMC portion to allow use with other GPS Packages such as Memory-Map or TomTom etc.
tetley202
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost the tmc signal on a trip last night despite having thought I had found a good spot on the mondeo. As a consequence I would recommend connecting via the splitter cable to the external car aerial.

I have also installed the POI Warner for NM4 and the two products work very well, especially liek the sync function ensure the POI is kept uptodate.

Even more so now I have found how to set the POI options at mph!
tetley202
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aerial splitter cable arrived within a week from navigon's online shop. easy to fit and works a treat. cost aprox £30. The website price in euros included delivery.
davidjburgess
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Postcode navigation Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
I am considering buying the Navigon system with TMC but not the bluetooth due to the poor battery life. I have one question that anyone who has this system might be able to answer. How does the post code navigation work on the UK maps? I currently use TT2 with a the excellent third party UK postcode application. So i can use the full 7 digit post code search. Does navigon as standard have a post code navigation and if so how does it work? Any info about this would be great thank you. (have tried to find the instruction manual for the uk system but cant)
David Burgess
tetley202
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: post codes Reply with quote

Post code entry seems limited to 5 characters. street and house number identification is very good though.
Hunnymonster
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like other mapping data, where the house number data exists, it's typically very good, I have the misfortune of my own street having no number data, and my in-laws street it's all mangled, mind you I think that might have something to do with the odd layout of their road.
davidjburgess
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Post code Reply with quote

Guys,
Thanks for the help, Have placed an order today for the complete system with bluetooth (I will just have to keep it charged up!) Cant wait for it to turn up now to look at POI's (and buy a four way adaptor for my Radar detector GPS Pocket Pc and FM mount!!!) so many wires Rolling Eyes 8O
davidjburgess
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: It arrived Reply with quote

Navigon 4 has finaly arrived. After many mishaps from periphialcorner and delays. Everything works ok including the TMC but takes some getting used to if you are a tomtom fan. The map data is ok but the way the instructions are given is a little poor. For example Tomtom always gives an indication of the next manoveur even if its 10 miles away and an indication of the next road. I have found that when Navigon dirents you onto a slip road/interchange it does not identify the road you need to get on (traveling on the A406 is a nightmare) so it can be difficult to follow directions. Other than that it works OK and soon I will be using it to drive to Bamberg in Germany.
David
c4c
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following this thread I have few questions in this GPS world.Recently a lot of you ordered this navigon system online.Could you recommend any shop with reliable delivery and good pricing (are you buying directly from navigon), I also could not found difference between (previously suggested)online shop - except the price and look(presented) of the box

http://www.passiontec.de/verz/_fenster.php?artikel1=NV-NA-S040&dateiname=%2Fverz%2F_sqlabfrage_sucherg_indexsuche.php&suche=Navigon&start_limit=0&Hersteller=Navigon&PRICEAREA=EK_EUR+%3E+1&Hersteller_nav=&Gruppe_nav=&hersteller_profisuche=

and original offer from Navigon where seems also holder and AC compatibility package for my 2210 is included in preis. Am I missing something or there is really no functionality difference between these two.

MobileNavigator|4 & TMC & Bluetooth
for HP iPAQ 2210 V06040203, V06040312

There was a thread back about returning defective unit back to navigon but I found no follow up on it, anyone have any experience about this one?

Could you use any other software with this navigon GPS unit .Back there, was a link for TNC disabling posibility (currently dead link) is that a must for usage with any other soft.

Thank you

I hope some of my Q are interesting also for some other readers except me. Smile

Alex

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: