Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sony XNV-L66BT is this supported for the speed cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sony XNV-L66BT is this supported for the speed cameras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mneil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Sony XNV-L66BT is this supported for the speed cameras Reply with quote

just got a new to me car and it has the above system fitted. the sat nav module that plugs into it is referred to as a Tom Tom navigation module which updates via Tom Tom Home; T.T.home refers to it as Sony XNV navigation module. any info please? thanks
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can add user-POIs to it, and it has the "Warn when near POI." functionality (which it does, according to the manual) then you can add the camera database too.

(By the way, if you haven't got one, you can download the user manual for the Sony LIVE units (like the 66) from TomTom here:
Sony XNV LIVE Navigation Module Reference Guide)

But having a quick look through that manual, it seems to be saying that these models DON'T use TomTom Home... they use the new "MyTomTom" instead.
Is that what you meant when you said "Home", or have they got it wrong in the manual?

If it does use MyTomTom, and you don't have it yet, you'll need to download it from the TT website (HERE

You then have to use it's "Add community content" feature to add any POIs (including the camera database) or any other stuff like voices, colour schemes etc.. You can't just copy and paste the files onto it like you could on the old "Home-based" models.
mneil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that you are correct it is "MyTomTom" it is using. i will download the info you suggest and study first.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall add this to the compatibility chart Smile

Can you let me know if there are any specific instructions that are different from the standard MyTomTom isntallation?

MaFt
mneil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not used the MYTomTom before only used home for my Go 700; however the installation was very straight forward:
opening the My Tom Tom icon on the bottom task bar and click "add community content" you them Browse to where your unzipped folder is, open it highlight and install every file there individually. a bit of a long winded way but works no problem. install the unit back into the car and set the POI warning and distance for each camera, again long winded but it works just fine. i set the voice to the "computer voice" and it calls the speed of and the distance to the camera even when the xnv is not displaying the map but playing music.
of course when each new set of camera downloads come out i will have to repeat the first install process all over again.
hope this helps and thanks for the advice.
neil
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mneil wrote:
you them Browse to where your unzipped folder is, open it highlight and install every file there individually. a bit of a long winded way but works no problem.

There's a slightly quicker method for the MyTomTom units... You can just upload the zipfile direct.

But you need to use the special zipfile version that doesn't have all the extra licence files etc. in it.

Instructions are here:
Installation Guide (Single Zip File) (beautifully written... Cool )
mneil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got really excited reading your advice: which of course was nicely written, followed your instructions to the T but i get asked to unzip the file when i press "install". looks like i will have to install each file again? Embarassed
aha, wont let me install the ogg file
next edit:
have downloaded speed cameras without voice and installed them no problems but each one individually. will now go and see if they work in the car
next edit:
just thought it might be usefull to include the model number of the Tom Tom module for this system:
1MJ00
TOMTOM P/N: 1Mj0.002.00
as written on the back Cool
cjay2412
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this feature is disabled in v10 however is enabled in v12.800 upgrade to latest version and it will work[/quote]
jont122
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Got this to work okay on my Sony XNV-L77BT, but slightly confused to doing the weekly upgrade as I have a full list in th POI, and cannot put the new data in?

Regards

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: