Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin CSV to GPX Converter
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin CSV to GPX Converter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 72, 73, 74  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just looked at my WAV files and they show as:

Filename: gatso_Thirty.wav
Folder: D:\Garmin POI
File Type: 44100Hz, 16-bit, Mono
Uncompressed Size: 292.06 KB (299,076 bytes)
File Format: Windows PCM (Broadcast Wave File)
Windows PCM (Broadcast Wave File)
Size on Disk: 292.72 KB (299,746 bytes)
Last Written (local): 6/30/2011 05:54:26.000
Length: 0:03.390
149,538 samples
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
ronnie2455
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voice alert mystery now solved.

Apparently Kenwood in their infinite wisdom have decided to remove the voice alert capability, so it is no longer supported on 2012 models onward.

Nice one Kenwood!!!

Last edited by ronnie2455 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the sort of 'improvement' that TT would do Rolling Eyes
steviebilbo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I didn't get back to you on this, spent all day yesterday trying various things to solve some of the issues but ended up with more problems and choices than solutions... however in response to your reply

walkerx wrote:
Hi,

Ignore the information within the help file as mentioned further up I need to get that updated to reflect all the changes in the application.

That explains a lot... missed it in the earlier pages - my fault!

Quote:
The .wav and .bmp images are stored in two zip files in the application directory. They are called 'CSV Converter Audio' and 'CSV Converter Images'. You should be able to just extract these without using the application, if you can't then there is an issue with your windows setup.

Got them now and will load into working directory and give it a try later today.

Quote:
When you download the database from PGPSW you can choose whether or not to include audio files - i'll double check the code to see if it checks for both mp3 and wav files (but think it might be set for wav as some garmin's don't like mp3)

I download with the .wav files but they are not working, Sox.exe is in the same directory as POILoader but NOT in the POIloader folder itself... should it be there or just in the parent (Garmin) directory?

Quote:
I'm unsure of why not working on Win 7 64bit as I'm running this perfectly on Windows 8 64bit Pro.

I'll try to look into it further but I wonder if it is a .net issue, on my machine the following is installed

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Multi-Targetting Pack

I also have the VC++ 2005, 2008 Redistributable for x86 and x64 installed along with VC++ 2010 x64 runtime and redistributable

The other .NET installed is VS2010 ADO.NET Entity Framework Tools

The Microsofts SSMS is Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, which I think a few apps in Windows 7 and 8 use.

Here's a couple of screenshots of my Microsoft programs, similar to yours but you will notice the difference between your .NET Framework 4 and mine.

Also I don't see the VC++ Runtime in there, nor the Server Management Studio... to be honest I was concerned about all the different VC++ stuff in there and wondered if any of it was confilcting with itself - it sure takes up a lot of space! Can I not delete some of these as there seems to be some duplication - particularly in 2008 redistributable?

The (absent) SSMS seems only to be available for download as express version and I would not want to download it unless you reckon I need it.

As for VS2010 ADO.NET Entity Framework Tools, according to the dowload page for that, I need NET Framework 4 RTM installed first ... so its all getting very confusing now.

Are you able to judge from my installed programs above if anything is NEEDED to solve this problem or should I just now wait until you have done as you say in your final paragraph?
Quote:
I look into that and see if can put in checks to ensure the required components are installed and if not install them, otherwise think Kremmen will need to compile via VB 2010 Professional which allows him to use the InstallShield

As always, thanks for your continued help and I will now go away and try to get your audio and bmp files to load into the program!

Cheers,

Steve B
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the sox.exe goes in the same folder as PoiLoader.exe.
That's where mine is, and it works fine for me!

Dales
steviebilbo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update! Just managed to load the latest database and Converter .bmp and .wav files into Converter but only by manually extracting from .zip into my working directory.

Converter retrieved all files including PGPSW .wav files and showed all in correct respective columns - all this despite not using 'run as administrator' (forgot).

POIloader then used and all files loaded onto device with only 5 exceptions and those were all the PGPSW .wav files as they were in wrong format which suggests the Converter app didn't convert them. I am not sure if it was supposed to or not?**

Update on last paragraph... just now I finally got the SOX.exe into the right place (alongside the poiloader.exe file not just in the parent directory) and now having started again from scratch with all files, it has worked. It asked me to verify Sox.exe for each of the 5 file types (PGPSW) as it (SOX) came from unknown provider which is the first time and a good sign all is well.

** now I know it is!

Will take the device out tomorrow for a test run (again) and post results!

Getting there....

Continued thanks for feedback and help!

Steve B
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

It is a bit daunting at first but it's worth sticking with it. Once you have it working all you need to do from then on is just download the latest ZIP file and opt to keep your existing WAV and BMP files.

The procedure is then:

Download ZIP file
    Unzip
    'Process'
    POILoader

I've downloaded the latest source Code and produced an InstallShield installer version which will check and prompt for the minimum .NET4 package. If not found it will provide a link to Microsoft for download.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
steviebilbo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kremmen wrote:
Very Happy

It is a bit daunting at first but it's worth sticking with it. Once you have it working all you need to do from then on is just download the latest ZIP file and opt to keep your existing WAV and BMP files.

The procedure is then:

Download ZIP file
    Unzip
    'Process'
    POILoader

I've downloaded the latest source Code and produced an InstallShield installer version which will check and prompt for the minimum .NET4 package. If not found it will provide a link to Microsoft for download.

Thanks Kremmen, is there a lnew ink to this or is the old link now updated?
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sent the Installshield package to WalkerX for testing. I want to ensure that it installs the latest application.

I'm sure once tested it will appear before too long. In the meantime it may be worth downloading the .NET4 Client Pack to see if it clears up that problem with the ieproxy.dll non register.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
steviebilbo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so I take it the .Netframe 4 client profile at the top of my screenshots above does not satisfy that requirement then?

It's all Greek to me! Lol

Steve B
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't compare yours with mine because I've got the full .NET4 SDK as required by Visual Studio 2010.

Having looked a bit closer your .NET 4 Client Profile looks like the correct version to me.

Once we've got the installer checked I would uninstall and reinstall via Instalshield and see if that fixes the dll failure.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We haven't forgotten you :D

Walkerx and I are working on the suggested enhancements, I have updated the helpfile and I have created a 'InstallShield' installer that checks for .NET and prompts for a download if not found.

It's passed basic testing so I'll pass it to the staff here early next week to replace the current installer.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
steviebilbo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, I have been out of the country for a couple of weeks ... Any news on the release of the latest version with the 'in built .NET checkers'?
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The version I posted for download some weeks ago uses InstallShield. This should check your machine for the existence of .NET 4 and if not found will produce a popup with a link to Microsoft to download it.

If it doesn't, let me know as all my machines now have .NET4 SDK on so I don't get the popup.

If you already have .NET4 but it's not a clean installation then remove it and let the installation take over.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
steviebilbo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kremmen, thanks for the response. Since your post on the 16 March informed us of an upcoming tweak, I don't see the link for the updated download in this thread... Can you point me to it please?

Thanks!

Steve B

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 4 of 74

Jump to: