Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Lack of responce from TomTom support
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Lack of responce from TomTom support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
etenpda
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Lack of responce from TomTom support Reply with quote

I recently upgraded to TT3 and imediately experienced lockups.
I emailed TomTom support who informed me that they did not support the ETEN p700 pda and could offer no assistance.
I then exchanged my pda due to switching off errors and tried to reload TT2 but the registration failed due to the device id not matching there records.
My PDA is supplied by work for call management, we used to be supplied with the ipaq but changed to the eten for its built in gprs.
To cut a long story short i've mailed TomTom support twice and explained the situation that i've changed pda and need the registration resetting so that i can load it on my new device.
I am getting no response from them.
I've received an automated responce on the 15th appologising for the delay, but have heard nothing since
I have £160 worth of software and a £130 gps device that i cannot use.
Does anyone have any suggestions on a way forward.
As for TT3 if you pda is not on their supported list don't buy it. I've just wasted over £40 on it.
Come to think of it i've wasted £120 on TT2 as i can't use that either.
All in all a very disatisfied ex customer as i'll be buying no more TomTom products
Fraserp
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My story may give another impression of TT support. i'm not doubting what you say but would like to give a different slant.

I'd had real issues with my earlier setup, bluetooth failures, equipment failures , TT3 problems etc.... so I was prepared for a long haul. I was, today, installing a virgin system a HP2210, Fortuna clip on, TT3, i did my usual head first dive into installing the system. BTW many thanks to the earlier advice from the forum!

Finally when I'd got the base set up I found that the SW wouldn't activate as I'd only the first attempt 6 days ago. I phoned TTT support and was well impressed with their approach. Being in IT support, I understand the 'take ownership' approach and that is what I found!

There was a minor sense of humour failure by myself, ( I am allowed, i am a user) when i was told that I had to wait 24 hours. I couldn't access a fax machine today and they wouldn't budge on the 'I need to see evidence of failure\ upgrade' before they would transfer the license. This is an are that TT definately need to rethink! HOWEVER...... I photo'd the invoice and I received the OK within 30 minutes! EXCELLENT! Thumbs Up

Please understand i've still got 5 calls uncleared from last week but they aren't life threatening and the new versions released will probably resolve most of them. I'll close then as I get a response or confirmed fix by upgrade.

So not all doom and gloom from my point of view today!

I'm still assessing the present config but other than a Nokia 6230 that wont talk to the iPAQ 2210 (Not a TomTom Issue) i'm on the way!

It's looking better by the minute!

Bye.....
SatMap
Fraserp
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that your iPAQ 2210 setup wasn't working properly. I'm using an iPAQ, TT3, Fortuna CO Blutooth and it works fine.

Have you tried phoning them? From the UK it is;- 0845 161 0009 They are busy, you may have to wait 10 mins or so. BTW they only operate normal office hours.

TomTom support were very happy to assist me in config of my set up, all elements of it. maybe I was just lucky with the support staff. Yes they were very rigid in the activation process, 2 hits and you're out so to speak. Sad But I just mailed the imaged proof of a new device and within 30 mins I was up and running! :D
SatMap

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: