Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HELP! -Few cameras showing on Garmin200W with PGPSW d.base
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP! -Few cameras showing on Garmin200W with PGPSW d.base

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mags97
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: HELP! -Few cameras showing on Garmin200W with PGPSW d.base Reply with quote

Hope someone out there has a solution of what is going wrong with downloading Camera Alert Database. (Probably Me) I posted before with the same problem. It's got to the stage where hardly any warnings are being shown. Either the voice doesn't sound or the camera alerts don't show! I am using a Mac (New Mac User!!) ! It's only showing some of the variable speed cameras on the M23 and M25, it is not even picking up several fixed cameras that are placed near to where I live!
Have cleared the database via POI loader and re-downloaded-still probs.
Am downloading Speed Zoned complete with a voice pack in WAV. Have tried other formats, without voice etc. No difference. Garmin 200W. Really grateful for any help.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you used POILoader how many POI's did it say it had successfully loaded ?

Second investigation is to plug the unit into your PC/Mac and search the unit for the .GPI file.

There will be more than one but look for the one with your prefix you allowed POIloader to use and post it's size, and where it is.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
mags97
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
It stated on POI down loader that I had successfully downloaded 13361 POIs.
I checked the un-zipped folder prior to downloading and it seemed all the files were there Over 100!
I read somewhere on the download page that Garmin only allow 32 or 36 files to be downloaded, although you can download as many FOLDERS as you like. So I split the the files up to 36 files in 4 folders and did it that way (probably wrongly) but it still didn't work.
Sometimes I get the RED Bar warning with no voice. Sometimes the voice with no red bar. Sometimes no warning either way.
I will look for the .GPI file (I take it I look with the finder on a Imac? (sorry not that great at Macs)
Thanks for help
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That folder statement could be one reason.

POILoader will suck up any valid CSV/GPX files in any sub folders so keep them well away.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
mags97
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've plugged in the Nuvi and the unit is showing several folders . One of the folders is the POI's Camera alerts I downloaded yesterday,
pgpsw-speed-cams-43ur0-(10-112).gpi.
There is another folder in the POI folder
UKCYCLOPSSAMPLE.unl
No idea what that folder is? is it part of the speed camera database. I take it that as the Camera alerts folder is there and it's the correct updated folder that it should work ok?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the sample database from Cyclops, the company Garmin use for their on-house speed camera service.
mags97
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Darren
Thanks for the reply, should I just leave that folder in the POI folder or delete it? could that be causing the problems?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's related to your issue. I'd suggest you delete the pgpsw speed cams and start over. Delete any local copies of the database on your Mac as well. Then re-download the database and follow the install guide.

Using a Mac makes no difference to the process. Finder = Explorer and POILoader functions the same.

We do recommend you use the free 'Unarchiver' app instead of the Mac's built-in unzip application 'BOMArchiver' as it's much better.

You can download that here.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you also have the Cyclops GPI in there ensure it is deactivated via the appropriate menu on the unit, or, simply cut and paste it to your Mac.

We had a post here recently where it's looking like some Garmin's don't like overlapping POI icons.

If you have both sets active then the places where Cyclops agree with the PGPSW cameras will definitely be an overlap.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: