Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Digital Speed Cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Digital Speed Cameras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Digital Speed Cameras Reply with quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19898072
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have a problem getting my head around the statement that "increasing digital camera numbers will help reduce crashes as they are more reliable than those using standard film." The second part of the statement is undeniably true, but how will converting a film camera to digital reduce crashes? It would deffo increase revenue. Perhaps the term "reduce crashes" is a recently introduced euphemism for "increase revenue". Sad
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have a problem getting my head round these statements that some authorities don't have digital cameras.

Worse still...
Quote:
Avon and Somerset (only uses mobile cameras)

Now why have they got a great number of dummy cameras then? Earlier today, I drove along Allison Road, Bristol which carries a large sign at each end "Allison Road Camera Zone" and contains Monitrons 34516 & 34517 (clearly visible on Streetview) - worthwhile site, as the road has a severe dip down and up in both directions - I bet even a pedal cyclist could freewheel at over 30mph down there. (Are Monitrons wet film then? I once saw an engineer fixing one from the top of his ladder - not much servicing of wet film using ladders, I'd guess). These are just two of quite a lot of "cameras" in my area. I note also that the Avon & Somerset partnership website says they have no fixed cameras. So why did they remove some, but not all? I wonder if a speeding ticket could be quashed on appeal if the website says there aren't any?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: