Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Corporate GPS solutions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Corporate GPS solutions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dubbs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Corporate GPS solutions Reply with quote

Guys,
I'm just about to come into the fold with an impending personal purchase of a Fortuna Clip-on and TT3 for my Toshiba e800 bluetooth.

Rather freakily I was asked on Friday to look into providing our risk surveyors (based from home, all travelling by car to clients) with a Satellite Navigation system.

Now I've suggested both PDA-based and in-car systems with projected price ranges but would like to ask, does anyone know of a company that would be able to provide support for this?
We don't have the time to go out to surveyors, fix in mounting kits and explain the way to use the software,etc., we need a company that will provide PDA,Software,mounting systems then fit them, install sw, ensure it all works and then give the user training on how to use it.

Anyone know of a company providing this service? Our HO is in Richmond, surrey, commercial office is in Romford (where the surveyors report too) and surveyors are nationwide. At present 7 would require the system.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of anyone offering such a service but, if you were to specify the Brodit Cradles with ProClips these could be installed by the users in minutes requiring no tools or drilling, all they need is access to a cigarette lighter for power.

You could easily install and prepare the PPC's and then ship out to the users. Alternatively contact me via email and I can suggest a few other options that may suit.
dubbs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. Shame there's no one doing this as I'm sure many companies would like to use them but keep away due to possible complexities with using the products.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if it's not something you feel confident in doing drop me an email off-line and we can discuss some options.
nej
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can do this as part of our vehicle tracking system, but not just sat-nav by itself (the GPS feed comes from our tracking unit). There are also a couple of other benefits but as this is not a commercial platform here I won't get into it.

Drop me a line if you want any further information.

Kind regards.

-Neil

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: