Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CamerAleret v1.3.8 BT Audio
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CamerAleret v1.3.8 BT Audio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalcolmLLoyd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: CamerAleret v1.3.8 BT Audio Reply with quote

I have CamerAlert running on an iPhone 4 connected to a BMW 120d F20 2012 Bluetooth via the incar snap in connector. BT Audio works fine if CamerAlert is running in foreground. However if CamerAlert is running in the backround then there is no BT Audio. I note that you say BT Audio now works in backround mode so what's the difference/problem with my BMW system?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Bluetooth profile does the Ford kit use? If it's A2DP then it shouldn't be a problem. Just set the audio root to the default 'music notes'.

The Bluetooth button in the app is only for the Bluetooth Headset profile (HSP) and NOT the Bluetooth Handsfree profile (HFP).

MaFt
MalcolmLLoyd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's BMW actually. It does have A2DP. I have CamerAlert set to Bluetooth. I'll change it to Music Notes and try again. Many thanks.
MalcolmLLoyd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please bear with me while I briefly describe how my BMW (2012) Audio works (iPhone connected via a snapin connector).

You can only play radio through the car speakers if the iDrive source is set to a radio channel. In this case no audio from the IPhone can be heared through the car speakers. Conversely, audio from the iPhone can only be heard through the car speakers if the iDrive source is set to the iPhone. In this case you cannot listen to a radio channel. The same applies if you want to play audio from a USB memory stick. The only thing that overrides this is a phone call. In this case all audio (from any source) is muted and the phone audio plays through the car speakers. I was hoping that 1.3.8 would allow CamerAlert to operate in this way.

In fact it does operate in this way under certain conditions:
1. The Bluetooth Button is set ON in CamerfAlert Alerts (HSP as you define).
2. CamerAlert is run in the foreground on the iPhone.

Under these conditions CamerAlert Audio acts like an incoming phone call i.e it mutes any existing audio source (radio, iPhone or USB) and plays the CamerAlert audio alert through the car speakers. At the alert end then whatever audio source was playing is un-muted.

The problem I have is that this does not occur if CamerAlert is running in the backround. Is there any reason you know for this and do any other BMW users have any comment to make.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you connect the phone through a physical snapin then leave the audio routing at Default if you want to hear the CamerAlert sounds through the car audio system, or set it to Speaker to avoid disrupting your car radio. Do NOT set it to BT Headset.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
MalcolmLLoyd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To do that you have to set the iDrive audio source to iPhone. If you then switch to the radio source then you get no CamerAlert audio. The method I described using HSP works with both input sources as long as CamerAlert is running in the foreground.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our implementation of HSP is predominantly targeted towards bikers. I am actually surprised that it works at all, since Apple do not officially acknowledge the existence of that feature.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: