Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - * Garmin Summer Cashback Offer . . . help appreciated*
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

* Garmin Summer Cashback Offer . . . help appreciated*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pasho9
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: * Garmin Summer Cashback Offer . . . help appreciated* Reply with quote

If anyone has a customer service email address for Garmin UK, that'd be much appreciated.

We bought our Nuvi 2595LMT from Amazon UK at the end of May. We attempted to fill in the online Garmin 2012 Summer Cashback form but had no luck, because though we clicked on the UK claim site and got the form on-screen, the instant we clicked on the drop-down menu tab to select our model, the screen greyed out and a warning message popped up from https.garmin.com saying 'page not authorized'.

We tried this over several days, but got nowhere. We emailed Garmin at the cashback-related address at the bottom of the claims form page but have heard nothing at all.

We've been away on holiday and unable to attempt this cashback again until today. This time, whereas we used our Firefox browser to attempt to file the earlier claim, we switched to Internet Explorer.

We have again been to the Garmin UK cashback section and, this time, everything started off OK: no weird warning messages from what seems to be Garmin USA overlaying the Garmin UK claims page.

We have filled in every requested field but, but, but. . . Every time a field is completed, the page jumps straight back to the top. And two questions cannot be completed at all: 'do you have another Garmin product' and 'is this your first Garmin satnav purchase'. The yes / no options are accessible by clicking on the arrow to get the drop-down. . . but as soon as you click on the arrow, the page shoots back up to the top. So you can't actually say 'yes', or 'no': that section of the form vanishes off-screen as soon as you click the arrow, and when scrolling back down again, an arrow click merely sends it off-screen again.

We've tried submitting the form together with an upload of our Amazon UK order but the page keeps saying: 'Whoops! You haven't filled in the mandatory fields' -- i.e., we haven't answered the questions about Garmin product ownership. But then again, we can't answer them.

We have no plug-ins running on Internet Explorer that might cause this. We have not a single problem with any other website apart from Garmin UK's summer cashback claim site.

Garmin UK hasn't bothered to answer our original query about the problem experienced when we used our Firefox browser, so I've no hope at all of anyone at Garmin bothering to reply now to this Internet Explorer issue.

But I'd like to try, even so. Does anyone know how to get this firm to actually facilitate its £30 cashback promise on our 2595LMT??
walkerx
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried using chrome to get to summercashback

also try uk support for support

they will respond as i've been in email contact regarding some information i needed for my nulink 2390 i've only just purchased
pasho9
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the speedy help, and the links --much appreciated. I've taken your advice and used the UK email support link and posted a query there. Hopefully, they'll take more notice of it than the US support people to whom, I think, our earlier email might've gone, even though we used the summer cashback link.

This is not the first glitcvh we've experienced with Garmin, even though the actual satnav seems to be fine.

I'll update here when we hear back from Garmin UK. As it stands, the company seems to be running a cashback scheme from which no cash can be got back. . .
tilyymolly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pasho9 wrote:
As it stands, the company seems to be running a cashback scheme from which no cash can be got back. . .

I successfully claimed the cash back in May this year the application was approved in 3 or 4 days and the cash paid into my bank account within 28 days. This was for a 2595LMT from Amazon as well.
pasho9
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reassurance, tilly. I don't actually think Garmin is doing a Hoover where this promo is concerned because others would've been grumbling long before now, there must be many who have gone through the cashback process without any difficulty at all. It's just that with no reply from Garmin to my original enquiry when we were using Firefox and then yet another glitch when using IE that frustration levels have peaked! Thanks again.
pasho9
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big thank you to walkerx: cashback claim registration has now gone through without a hitch. Using the UK support link, I was able to email immediately and have this morning received a reply. The reply doesn't actually address the specific problems encountered first with Firefox and next with Internet Explorer, but it was at least a step in the right direction. (The only advice was to try again and ensure the cache was cleared -- it already was.)

I've also taken walkerx's advice and installed Chrome as a third browser on this computer. I temporarily set it as the default browser (I'm going back to Firefox now as I don 't like Google's sneaky monitoring) and so when I clicked on the cashback page link in Garmin's email, it opened in Chrome.

It was then a quick 'n easy job to fill in the claim form, and upload the Amazon order pdf, without a hitch.

I've still no idea why Firefox failed or why Internet Explorer glitched but, well, third time lucky: Chrome handled the job without any problem.

Thanks again. Problem solved!
locksmith
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm still waiting for mine. Heres the latest comminication from Garmin on the sublect -

"I regret to inform you that due to unforeseen technical difficulties, there may be a small delay with your cash back payment. Please be assured that the delay is only temporary and your payment will be with you shortly. We would like to thank you for your understanding and apologise for any inconvenience caused"

A technical difficulty?
rickwiggans
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this guy. UK (or maybe European) customer service manager.

I emailed him and got a reply straight away. My payment is (apparently )now on its way.

Nick.Williams@garmin.com
locksmith
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well slap me sideways and call me sally, it arrived in my account yesterday Very Happy
rickwiggans
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 emails later, it has finally arrived in my account.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: