Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REVIEW COMMENTS: TomTom GO
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REVIEW COMMENTS: TomTom GO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hardnuts2Crack
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, indeed. One of the ways I was able to justify this outrageous purchase to my partner was to convince her how useful it would be getting around France. It'll be pretty disappointing if it only gets us as far as Southampton!
OZ
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardnuts dont give up yet, why not e-mail TomTom direct and explain your scenario and see if they will send you one direct, they obviously have access to them.
Just dont hold your breath waiting for a quick answer though, their service is well documented here to be slow and sometimes not that helpful.
You never know, you may luck onto someone at the Ivory Tower who want's to help you.
Hardnuts2Crack
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, will do. I'll let you know if (or when) I get a reply from them. But I've dealt with them before - I used to review their stuff when they still made Mac compatible software - and I know they're not fast.
sifi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps phoning them would be faster if their replying to e-mails is slow. Did a quick search and there is a Tomtom communications (London) on 02087433933
OZ
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point Sifi, i was gonna mention that, i saw a post from someone saying last week they phoned and got a pleasant guy who helped him with his problem instantly.
So you never know!!.
Hardnuts, good luck mate with this, i can imagine how disheartening it would be to go on your hols and not be able to use the nav. After spending a bit on it i dont think the partner would be too impressed sitting with the Michelin guide the whole way trying to point you in the right direction.
Hardnuts2Crack
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, she'll come around eventually. It was the same with the iPod, the pocket-sized digital camera... the trouble with girls is, they're not boys, you know what I mean? They don't get off on technology for its own sake. Still, I suppose someone has to keep the world turning round.
OZ
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mate i've just copped a belt round the ear from the missus for reading this and smiling.
Hardnuts2Crack
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it arrived today, and I've been driving around. It's fantastic. Small problem with sunlight on the display, coupled with the fact that it looks completely black when you're wearing polarised sunglasses. But hey, that's a small issue - this machine really rocks. Best of all is when you can't go down a road it suggests because it's one way, so you cary on - and rather than it saying "I told you to go left back there, dummy" it simply recalculates an alternative route on the fly. Driving hasn't been this much fun for years!
OZ
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't agree more, this really is a good piece of kit. Yeah you get grubby paw marks on the screen, and yeah the sun on the screen is a problem at some angles, but the brilliant voice guidance lets you hear what " she, who must be obeyed" wants,- i thought i'll turn her off or replace her with a male voice, but i hate to admit it but i find the female voice a calming influence.
Hardnuts2Crack
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the female voice too. Maybe it's because I'm used to having a female voice telling me which way to turn when I'm in my car. My 10-year-old wanted to change it to a male American voice, but then I think he watches too many cartoon imports. Tempted to switch it to Dutch to improve my language skills.
MrRubberGloves
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the grubby finger prints on the screen scenario why don't you use your knuckle instead of your fingers, also I presume that the finger prints cannot be seen on the screen when the unit is turned on and are only visible when it is turned off?
OZ
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom actually do include a cloth in the box that cleans the screen nicely.
You can see the marks in certain light conditions, but come on lets not make this a big deal IT IS more a very minor gripe.
The marks are more evident in the night screen mode, ...... oh dear here i go again!!.
MrRubberGloves
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OZ wrote:
TomTom actually do include a cloth in the box that cleans the screen nicely.
You can see the marks in certain light conditions, but come on lets not make this a big deal IT IS more a very minor gripe.
The marks are more evident in the night screen mode, ...... oh dear here i go again!!.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't complaining about the fingerprints as the odd fingerprint on the screen won't bother me, I'm just waiting for other peoples verdict on the TT Go before buying one.
sifi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here. My concern is its accuracy and how logical it is at route planning. Has anyone tested out the model that has just been released? Also, are these models the 4.12 version (I think) that is mentioned under the download section at Tomtom i.e. 4.12 can be downloaded if it is a previous version.
Thanks
sifi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have said 4.21 not 4.12

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 7 of 35

Jump to: