Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Live 2 Blue&Me Connected SatNav -User Review
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Live 2 Blue&Me Connected SatNav -User Review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: TomTom Live 2 Blue&Me Connected SatNav -User Review Reply with quote

OK, I have not seen any info on here about this unit, so thought I would just put up some brief info and photos about the "Non TomTom" Features for anyone interested,

Especially as the Blue&Me seems to be spreading in Europe now, and all the latest Fiats & Chryslers, Lancias and some others are adopting it

The Blue&Me TomTom Live 2, is basically a Live 1000 Unit (42 Country Euro Unit), with Modded Firmware and a Natty Mount that connects into the dashboard directly allowing the unit to

a) draw power from the car (No more messy leads)
b) Communicate directly with the cars CANBUS system, allowing 2 way info transfer and systems display

The Blue&Me (Slightly Industrial Looking Mount in Position)

The Blue&Me Connection Port

Mount Connections

InSitu and switched on

No point looking at the standard TomTom Features as this thing does everything a standard Live 1000 Unit will do

As well as touch screen, you can now control all the TomTom Features from the steering wheel controls and via the cars built in voice control.

The B&M specific features are accessed via the "CAR" Menu (Which changes the car and logos displayed to match the vehicle the unit is installed in)

From the CAR MENU you can select,

Telephone (allows you to control any phone paired to the cars built in system as well as any phone paired with the TomTom

Trip Computer, Shows Instant Figures as well as all details from the Trip A & B Counters

eco:Drive This is linked to the economy/performance of the car and on the right shows an economy gauge and on the left when in motion a SHIFT UP/SHIFT DOWN Logo and Gear selected

Media Player links to any plugged in USB Drive containing music inserted in the cars USB Slot or the library of any iPhone plugged in the USB Socket, allowing direct control and selection etc, again control is by touch screen, steerign wheel or voice.

My current Music Library is stored on the little TomTom Car USB Stick,l connected to the USB Port between the front seats

Price wise, Fiat and Other main dealers are charging way over the top of course (About £330 for the Live 42 Unit with the Blue&Me Mount + A Standard mount so you can use it in another vehicle) But a little haggling or searching around and they can be sourced for about £220 inc VAT

Is it worth it?. Well I love the fact no more wires, voice directions can be sent via the unit or stereo system, and its great to be able to choose, Written directions also scroll across the dashboard display.

The integration with the steering wheel controls and car voice control is great, and selecting music via the dashboard is fiddly to say the least and having the big touch screen diaply a real bonus, as is linking with the cars phone system for easy access to the contacts etc

Depending on how you drive the performance and economy indicators are a bonus, this unit is fitted in an 875cc 2 Cylinder Fiat 500c TwinAir, and it begs to be driven like a loon, and by having the indicators in place allows a gentle reminder not to drive it so hard if you want to get anywhere near 70mpg!

For anyone getting a new(ish) Fiat or Chrysler etc that has the B&M Port (A lot of cars have them as standard), others its a NO COST option like on the Fiat 500, I think it takes the TomTom system up another notch.

At least I can now relegate TomTom on my iPhone back to Backup status!

Hope that helps anyone who is thinking of one of these..
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks a nice system solution, except for the mount! But I guess we could live with that for full TomTom functionality through the car unit

About time units like this have started to become more widely available and priced competitively
Nexus 6p, Apple iPhone 6sPlus and Microsoft Lumia 950xl running TomTom, Garmin, CoPilot, Navigon, Sygic, Here Drive, Google, Waze, MS Maps
eyaman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question about that mount. I just bought that mount for my FIAT PUNTO EVO . Can i use Tomtom GO 750 or Tomtom Go 1000 with that mount ?
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eyaman wrote:
I have a question about that mount. I just bought that mount for my FIAT PUNTO EVO . Can i use Tomtom GO 750 or Tomtom Go 1000 with that mount ?

Hi

You can use the standard Go 1000 with this mount (Not the 750), BUT you will not get any of the CANBUS Features (Like the Media Integration & EcoDrive etc), as they are specific to the firmware in the Blue&Me 1000, and AFIAK there is no way to sideload the Firmware onto a standard Go 1000

So in short the mount would charge a standard GO 1000 but offer none of the other specific features, and would not with the 750 as it uses a different connector.
eyaman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats allright , i dont want any blue&me options. So you mean i can use standart GO1000 with that and can charge it too. One more last thing i want to ask when you say standart go1000 can you just give me a one link which i can compare and see more detaily. Thanks for your help.Best regards.
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eyaman wrote:
Thats allright , i dont want any blue&me options. So you mean i can use standart GO1000 with that and can charge it too. One more last thing i want to ask when you say standart go1000 can you just give me a one link which i can compare and see more detaily. Thanks for your help.Best regards.

If you dont want the B&M Features then you are OK to buy any GO 1000 there are several version with different size maps on them, but any of them will work find in the mount, they all have the same connector so will charge through the Dash Mount.

Just pick which is most cost effective for you, as long as its a 1000 you are good to go.

But the Genuine Fiat Version is Cost effective if you buy it from Ebay

I bought mine from the place in the link below and for £230 it includes the Full Europe Map Version as well as the Fiat Dah Mount and also a Standard Tomtom Mount and charger cable so you can use it in other cars as well.

Probably still a little more expensive than the non fiat version, but for the extras and the spare mount its a good deal

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-Alfa-Romeo-Blue-Me-Tom-Tom-2-Live-/160816956164?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2571700304

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: