Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help- Alternative cursor installation problems ??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help- Alternative cursor installation problems ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jono4000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Help- Alternative cursor installation problems ?? Reply with quote

Any help with the following : as the owner off an old TT one v2 sat nav unit I was looking to use one off the alternative cursors available for downoad, being the older type say nav according to the sticky I had to d/load the art package and then d/load the TOMTOM heaven explorer- Help not sure if the link is just down or whatver but whenever I try to click on link to d/load this TTH explorer nothing happens ??
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...

I'm assuming you've been looking at the instructions here:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtom-custom-cursors.php

Now, I must admit that I thought ALL models on v7 and above software could now use custom vehicle cursors, but it's a long time ago so I may be wrong.

Can you try something for me?
Don't bother with TTHeaven for a minute... can you just look at the contents of the ONE with Windows Explorer? (it should appear to the PC as a new "disk drive" when you plug it in) See if you already have an "art" folder on the device with another folder inside that called "cars".
If you do, try putting one of the ready made icons from that webpage in there and see if it works.

If not, try adding those two folders (one inside the other) and one of the ready-made cursors and see if THAT works.

If not, I'm talking rubbish and you can start again with some better help! (I'm away for a few days )

EDIT: I just had a look a the TomTom Heaven website... what a mess! It's got so many weird backgrounds and pop-ups I can't see half of it with my browser, especially once you've done the translation into English....

But if it's any use to you, I found an old copy of "TT Explorer" that I had downloaded to my PC back in 2007!
I've uploaded it HERE if it helps.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT 2...
I've had a wade through the TT Heaven website (I seem to have got t working a bit better by using Internet Explorer rather than Firefox...

A Yahoo translation of their original tutorial for adding the car cursors is HERE

I still couldn't find an actual working download link for the "Xplorer" program though. Hope mine works for you!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: