Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - French map available at Medionshop
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

French map available at Medionshop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigSecret
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: French map available at Medionshop Reply with quote

The medionshop has the map of France CD-ROM back in stock. :D
Dougy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: French Map Reply with quote

Has anybody used this map? How comprehensive is it? We are driving to La Reole in the Gironde and could do with a decent map to prevent marital disharmony.

I don't really want to spend more than about £400 all in and that includes buying the pda - any ideas as to what is good?
noggin_the_nog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the pricing of these maps very irritating. I have ordered the Navigon 4 upgrade which includes detailed maps of all of Europe and the latest version of the software. The price of this is less than what they want for the map of France on its own! Something very wrong with the pricing of these maps!
BigSecret
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the map. I agree with Noggin's comments regarding price but the navigon upgrade ETA is too close to the date I'm going to France.

The coverage of the map is not as good as the UK but that said it has had all of the places I want on it.

PM me a full address and I'll send you some screen shots from the surrounding area so you can get a feel for the level of detail available.
BigSecret
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry forgot the "what should I buy" bit. Unfortunately the £270 offers from Aldi and others appear to have end for the moment. The Medion kit is available direct from the medion shop in the UK for £349 which uncuts halfords by £50. If you add in the £70 for the detailed French map then you have blown your limit by £20. A colleague has just bought this http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=113072 which comes in at £384, has detailed maps of France and is a nicer hardware package.I belive the map data is TeleAtlas rather than the better regarded NavTech. If you can wait a week I can check your destination against this system as well ( device and colleague are currently in France ).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: